We are recruiting an enthusiastic motivated senior Health Care Professional, to work alongside Chelmsford City and Maldon District Council to address the mental health needs of those people who rough sleep, or are at high risk of homelessness.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work with partners to identify those people rough sleeping, assess any mental health needs, build a therapeutic relationship to empower them to engage with treatment. You must be a proactive and exceptional team player with good communication and interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic and committed to working with those who rough sleep, and partnership working.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- The post holder carries responsibility for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for service users (some of whom will have declined previous attempts at engagement) who are referred to the Community Mental Health Team for Assessment/Treatment by professionals/services under the Rough Sleeper Initiative (RSI) programme, led by Chelmsford City & Maldon District Councils.
- The post holder will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and work in close co-operation with hospital based and primary health care based professionals, housing professionals in the two District Councils and all other agencies involved in supporting this client group.
- The post holder will work directly with identified individuals across the two Districts who are either: Rough sleeping, have a history of rough sleeping and are either having difficulties accessing accommodation or at risk of losing their accommodation, have previously been identified as having disengaged from mental health services or are facing barriers to accessing mental health care.
- The post holder will be the lead for supporting individuals from a rough sleeping background into sustainable and effective treatment and support, with a focus on working in partnership to eliminate barriers to access.
- In addition, the post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that an integrated assessment and treatment service is provided to the clients and ensure that a good inter-disciplinary working environment is maintained.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Experience of working with complex cases
- Previous experience of working in a community setting
- Knowledge of Community mental Health Care
- Knowledge of supported housing pathways
- evidence of CPD
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working
- Awareness of local rough sleeper strategies
- Knowledge of supported housing provider in locality
- knowledge of partner organisations who support homelessness in locality
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.