Are you passionate about promoting meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences for clients at Step 3 and wish to expand your skills and knowledge, in a high performing service?
Then Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service is the service for you! This is a fully remote working role with the ability to work flexible hours, to attend regular CPD as well as other training opportunities. As the service is working more flexibly there is still an opportunity to work as part of the wider team to develop the service by being a part of focus groups and Quality Improvement groups, which supports further development.
Main duties of the job
Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service is an expanding IAPT service. We consistently achieve excellent recovery and reliable improvement rates, due to our focus on delivering flexible packages of care, designed to meet patient needs. We have also devised specialist treatment programmes delivering PTSD workshops, CBT for insomnia and are now focussing on therapy tailored for the treatment of long-term conditions.
We are looking for CBT Therapists or Clinical / Counselling Psychologists who are BABCP accredited or eligible for accreditation to join the service at this interesting time of change and expansion within Bedford to work remotely.
East London NHS Foundation Trust also provides IAPT services in Newham, Tower Hamlets and Richmond. The four services work together on joint projects, sharing good practice and opportunities for training.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is moving into a new phase of development and expansion. Your ideas and creativity would be welcome in contributing to the delivery of an innovative service, which meets the needs of the local diverse community.
For further information, please contact: Shadreck Masocha, Step 3 Team Lead on 01234 880400
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- CLINICAL / COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGISTS
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS,
- Or Post-graduate doctoral/masters level training in counselling psychology),
- Or Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
- With BABCP accreditation
- COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPIST with previous mental health experience, accredited and accredited by BABCP
- Other relevant specialist training or qualifications and accreditation with professional body.
- Training or qualification in CBT groups
- Trained in other therapeutic approaches like EMDR
- Experience of delivering CBT interventions to patients with common mental health problems e.g. depression, anxiety (Social Phobia, BDD, OCD, GAD, Health Anxiety etc)
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrate high standards in verbal communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers, clients and other professionals.
- Experience of working in primary care psychological service
- Experience of running groups
- Experience in treating Post traumatic stress disorder.
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has received and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Understanding of issues surrounding clinical risk
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety disorders (Social Phobia, BDD, OCD, GAD, Health Anxiety etc) and depression and how these problems may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Trained in provision of supervision for CBT
- Completed clinical audits within a service
- Skills in the use of IAPTus system
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.