Do you want to help shape and be part of a new, innovative service that supports children and young people with acute mental health problems in their homes?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Case Manager to join the Wessex and Dorset Tier 4 CAMHS Provider Collaborative to help manage and develop the referral pathway into a new Intensive Home Treatment service (Closer2Home). Working alongside the Tier 4 in-patient Case Managers and with the C2H service, you will assess and monitor referrals into the service to ensure they are processed and prioritised appropriately.
Closer2Home went live in early 2022 across Hampshire and Dorset. It is delivered by three NHS Trusts who each provide the Closer2Home teams along with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as Lead Provider for the Collaborative.
Joining now will give you a unique opportunity to help shape the service as we develop the clinical pathways and build on its first months of operation.
Main duties of the job
In keeping with the development of new models of care and clinical best practice the role of the C2H Case Manager will reflect the national case manager job description but with a focus on managing those referrals for a T4 inpatient bed, that would be better dealt with by intensive home treatment and the C2H service.
The post holder will work closely with the T4 inpatient Case Managers to ensure young people referred to T4 services receive the most appropriate service based on their needs and situation as they may move between community CAMHS, C2H and inpatient services.
As the C2H Case Manager you will ensure there is effectively one referral pathway into T4 services across the Provider Collaborative by working in an integrated way with the T4 inpatient Case Managers.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
SPFT provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and Hampshire. While you will be employed by SPFT as the Lead Provider for the Hampshire and Dorset Tier 4 CAMHS Provider Collaborative, you will work closely with the three Trusts who provide the Closer2Home teams.
You will be required to work across the two counties in a beautiful part of the country, which offers the ideal environment for a great work-life balance. With the vibrancy of Southampton, Portsmouth's Historic Dock Yard and the picturesque beauty of the New Forest and the Jurassic Coast, there is much to see and do. With fast travel into London from a range of stations you really can have the best of both worlds.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Job description Job responsibilities
As the C2H Case Manager, you will work as part of the Provider Collaborative team to ensure safe and effective care pathways are in place for all service users within specialised mental health, learning disability and autism care settings, within the NHS and Independent sectors.
You will manage the cases of children and young people (CYP) in Tier 4 CAMHS services who are appropriate for intensive home treatment as an alternative to admission, ensuring the values and principles of care and treatment are integrated into the work of the Provider Collaborative.
You will provide clinical support to the Provider Collaborative in relation to the defined population, which will include mapping future service use, identification of users for future service provision, and planning in terms of future service needs.
The role will support the Provider Collaborative in driving transformation as well as ensuring value for money in the planning and commissioning of services. The role has been designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise alongside technical and clinical skills to develop strong service delivery.
Specific duties include:
- Provision of clinical expertise to the Wessex & Dorset CAMHS Provider Collaborative and Closer2Home service.
- Ensuring effective care pathways, within and across the Provider Collaborative services.
- Resolution of complex or disrupted care pathways in conjunction with colleagues across the Collaborative and out-of-area placements.
- Supporting the Provider Collaborative team in ensuring that the C2H service is compliant to all specifications.
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality services that are value for money.
- Ensuring case management systems and record keeping are maintained and kept up to date.
You will be expected to support the clinical leadership of the Closer2Home service and its teams which are integrated in a Wessex & Dorset wide system of clinical and operational governance. You will be part of a new infrastructure that utilises robust pre-admission care-planning, a single point of access' for intensive home treatment and inpatient services, goal-setting at admission and supported inpatient discharge.
While the C2H service is commissioned by the Wessex and Dorset Tier 4 CAMHS Provider Collaborative it is jointly provided by four NHS Trusts working together across Hampshire and Dorset:
- Dorset Healthcare University Foundation Trust
- Southern Health NHS Trust
- Solent NHS Trust
- Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (as Lead Provider for the W&D PC)
A workspace within the Ashurst Child and Family Centre (Ashurst, New Forest) is available and other locations would be considered, however the nature of the role will require regular travel across Hampshire and Dorset.
Interviews for the post are scheduled to be held on the 10th of May (and possibly the 13th subject to applicant numbers).
If you would like an informal discussion about the service or role, please contact Louise Doughty on 07786 915 548 or Dilip Chakrabarti on 07471 217 117.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health/Learning Disability Nurse or other registered health or social care professional
- Possess a relevant additional professional qualification e.g., masters level, or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
- Detailed knowledge of legal issues pertaining to the specialist service including MHA 1983, Children's Act, S117 after care, Transforming care, Safeguarding and child protection legislation
- Detailed operational knowledge of specialised services, including risk assessment/management
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to masters level equivalent
- Evidence of post qualifying and continuing professional development
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this engagement.
- Development and maintenance of therapeutic alliance with service users and their families /cares
- High-level management skills, able to perform to high level in clinical setting, holding services to account and ensuring effective use of NHSCB resources
- Case management skills, focussing on the needs of the individual and the context of their pathway in relation to all clinical and legal processes
- High-level communication in particular skills across a range of agency and professional boundaries at a national level.
- Must be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Ability to negotiate on difficult and controversial issues including performance and change.
- Adept at working in a person-centred way. Skilled at dealing with families, especially where there is conflict
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Takes decisions on difficult and contentious issues where there may be a number of courses of action
- Strategic thinking - ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Be familiar with Life Panning or other similar person-centred citizenship based approaches to planning
- Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others. Experience of managing and motivating a team and reviewing performance of the individuals
Autonomy/Freedom to Act Essential
- Ability to make decisions autonomously, when required, on difficult issues, working to tight and often changing timescales
- Must be able to use initiative to decide relevant actions and make recommendations to Sponsor/Manager, with the aim of improving deliverables and compliance to policies
- Experience of identifying and interpreting National policy
- Experience of researching best practice (globally, private and public sector), interpreting relevance and processes/ practices which could be implemented successfully to achieve system reform (advising on policy implementation) preting its
Values and Behaviours Essential
- Demonstrable commitment to and focus on quality, promotes high standards to consistently improve service user outcomes
- Demonstrably involves service user and the public in their work
- Consistently puts clinicians at the heart of decision making
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness
- Works across boundaries, looks for collective success, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions.
- Professional calm and efficient manner
- Effective organizer, influencer and networker
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.