1 year fixed term to cover maternity leave
Mental Health Services, Ramsey Unit, Dane Garth Do you have experience of working at a band 5 level & have a commitment to working within in-patient Mental Health Services Do you have excellent communication skills that would enable you to work within a challenging inpatient mental health unit?
We are committed to staff development and provide encouragement and support to staff to continue their lifelong learning. We are also passionate about the supervision process. You will be expected to fully engage in the process for yourself and provide direct line management and supervision for others.
The successful post holder will be expected to work shifts covering 24 hours, seven days a week and both full and part time contracts are available.
Ramsey is a 15 bedded unit supporting individuals with an organic illness.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a compassionate respectful team player who can offer effective clinical leadership and support to a team of registered nurses and nursing assistants, and who also constantly strives to provide the best possible experience for our service users and carers.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse (RNMH)
- oPreparation of mentors certificate, ENB 998, or equivalent
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- oExperience of team building and practice development
- oThorough knowledge of the mental health act 1983
- oAn understanding of, and an ability to performance manage junior staff
- oAbility to conduct management supervision
- oDemonstrates knowledge of ward manager responsibilities and capability to act in the role in the absence of same
- oExcellent clinical intervention skills
- oExperience of working within mental health services at band 5
- oDemonstrate knowledge and experience of quality and audit
- oAn ability to undertake control and restraint training
- oA willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the service.
- oConsistent and reliable attendance.
- oCommitment to working with adult mental health services.
- oAbility to work on a rota system that includes early shifts, late shifts, weekends, and night duty.
- oParticipation in the process of internal rotation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.