We are looking for a compassionate and experienced Senior Mental Health Practitioner to work at our Health Based Place of Safety Suite in Exeter.
- Are you an experienced registered mental health nurse looking to challenge yourself in an exciting service?
- Have you always had that rural dream whilst still seeking access to the amenities of a city?
You will be required to receive members of the public detained on Section 136 or a section 135 of the Mental Health Act, by the local Constabulary. Your role will be to support these individuals through the assessment process, assessing physical needs and contributing to liaison, information gathering and assessment by the appointed team.
We are looking to recruit into substantive roles but also have a six month secondment opportunity available. About you
You will be a good team player with excellent communication skills and a confident manner with patients. An experienced nurse, you will be able to demonstrate effective working in a multi-disciplinary team setting, with an awareness of all relevant legislation. You will be dedicated to delivering high quality treatment, and be able to lead by example. Confident and capable, you will be required to make decisions and see these through with the support of your team.
You’ll be keen to learn and develop, demonstrating a commitment to further development. To help you grow as a profession we will offer you the chance to learn new skills through education and training. About us
The Place of Safety Suite operates 24/7 and you will be required to work flexibly, participating in the rota to meet the needs of people who use our services.
If you have experience of working in Health Based Place of Safety services this is a unique opportunity to bring your skills and experience to help shape this new and exciting service.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Your base will be Place of Safety in Exeter, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive. Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat. Great place to work. Great place to live.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.