Calling all Nurses (RNLD, RMN, RGN) / Social Workers The role
Do you value diversity, fairness, excellence and sustainability, and are passionate about working with others to ensure high quality care for NHS patients, then Continuing Healthcare is the place where you can thrive! NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) is the name given to a package of care that is arranged and funded solely by the NHS for individuals who are not in hospital, but who have complex ongoing healthcare needs.
- Are you bored in your current role?
- Do you want to learn new skills and want to work with complex people to improve their quality of life with a small supportive team?
- Do you need a better work/life balance?
- Do you want to keep up your professional skills?
- Would you like to gain experience in new areas?
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is responsible for the decision making and commissioning processes, working closely with the Local Authority’s, on behalf of Devon CCG’s.
We currently have a vacancy within our service and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Nurse (RNLD, RMN, RGN) or Social Worker with experience working with people with Learning Disabilities to join our team.
The role involves; assessing eligibility criteria under the NHS National Framework for Continuing Healthcare and Funded Nursing Care 2009 (revised 2018), planning and commissioning packages of care (including Personal Health Budgets), supporting individuals, their families and health professionals through the Continuing Healthcare process (including transition from child to adult services) and reviewing eligibility/packages of care.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£25,655 - £31,534 per annum pro rata (Band 5)
Successful candidates will have excellent communication and assessment skills; be resilient, able to work autonomously but also work as part of a team. This is a community based post and post holders maybe expected to be able to travel covering the whole of Devon, and occasionally out of the county.
The team values a role which is fast paced and employs the use of holistic nursing where we look at the needs of the person. The nature of the role is autonomous and challenging but the benefit of supportive colleagues. Please submit an application at the earliest opportunity as we will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and offering shortlisted candidates an interview date as soon as possible.
Your base will be confirmed upon appointment, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.