We have an exciting opportunity to appoint to Band 7 Senior Practitioner
to support the Crisis and Home Treatment team in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for a qualified Mental Health practitioner with at significant experience of working in SPA, crisis or community services. If you have the equivalent experience, then we would welcome your application.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have highly developed clinical leadership skills and expert knowledge in the care of mental health crisis. The post holder will lead and provide day to day management in the team reporting to the Crisis and Home Treatment manager.
You will use your management skills and experience to provide operational support to a small team flexibly, efficiently and within allocated resources to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to users.
The successful candidate will be supported and line managed by the Team Manager and will work alongside the members of the MDT including Consultants, Nurses, Social Worker, support worker, OT's and Psychological services, to support service users.
We can provide training and supervision and can offer you a great learning environment where you can continue to develop your therapeutic skills.
Were passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.
With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Senior Practitioner will provide expert advice, line management, clinical leadership, caseload management, supervision and training to the team and will be responsible for ensuring the consistent provision of high quality mental health care to people in mental health crisis in the community.
The post holder will work closely with the Team Manager to ensure the effective management and development of the service.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification in nursing, occupational therapy or social work. Valid registration with governing body.
- Teaching (clinical practice) qualification certificate or equivalen experience
- Evidence of further professional development
- Leadership/management qualifcation
- Demonstrable post registration experience at Band 6 or above in a mental health setting relevant to service.
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff
- Demonstrable senior clinical/clinical management experience in a mental health setting
- Multi agency working/working across interfaces
- Project management experience
- Clinical risk assessment and contingency planning skills
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to Service/Senior management needs
- Recognise performance issues on the Team and address appropriately
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Advanced computer skills
- Brief psychological interventions/ strategies for managing crisis
Knowledge and Understanding Essential
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Care Act, Mental Capacity Act
- Car Owner/Driver with full UK licence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.