We have a full-time position available within our Physio team in the Community Rapid Response, Intermediate Care team based in both Kettering & Northamptonshire to support the people across the county of Northamptonshire.
Join us as part of our County wide Community Rapid Response & Intermediate Care Team, working to get people out of hospital or preventing hospital admission by playing a major part in their rehabilitation journey, setting goals and support planning with Nurses, Doctors and support workers as an integrated approach for patients in their own home environments.
In addition you will be working with colleagues in both our acute and community hospitals to facilitate timely discharges from hospital.
You should have a wide range of clinical expertise ideally within the NHS and with experience of working in a community multidisciplinary team environment and have managed healthcare assistants.
Main duties of the job
As an expert clinical resource for the team you will be expected to support staff in identifying and developing their knowledge and skills. You must be innovative in your approach and willing to work with other members of the community team to ensure high quality service delivery.
With a fantastic ethos our dedicated team has a passion for quality care who are experts in this field. In order to respond to the healthcare needs of the local population, the teams operate 7 days a week ensuring the delivery of the service can react to the patients' needs as and when required. The shifts for the service are between 8.30am to 18.00pm across daily including weekend and bank holiday working as part of the rota. The successful candidates will be expected to work within these shift patterns.
If you are innovative, talented and adaptable, and would like to be part of a growing and forward thinking community team then come and join us. The NHS is expanding in the Community.
Applicants must hold a valid UK driving license, have access to a vehicle for work purposes at all times on duty and confident to drive in all driving conditions for this community post. Applicants will be flexible and adaptable, being able to respond to need at short notice.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Have HCPC registration & relevant degree/qualification in physio or occupational therapy
- Good communication skills
- Manual handling experience
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification MCSP
- State Registered Physiotherapist
- Evidence of CPD including attendance at recent postgraduate learning events relevant to the clinical field of Intermediate Care.
- Portfolio evidence of learning
- Up to date with professional practice and research.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implication for services including quality and audit.
- Understanding of legal responsibilities.
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Trusts policies.
- The ability to deal with difficult emotional and social circumstances, including patients who have been given poor prognosis.
- Membership of Interest Groups relevant to clinical interest.
- Data analysis, identifies and uses appropriate analytical methods to ensure the successful analysis of data
- Specialist knowledge underpinned by broad experience in a wide range of specialism's to including Orthopaedics, Medical, Out-patients, older persons and community over a period of years.
- Experience of working with a range of standardised tools to unpin Physiotherapy practice and demonstrate a outcomes
- Working in a multi disciplinary setting.
- Of being a student Practice Educator
- Recent NHS experience.
- Relevant experience of working at Band 6 or equivalent level
- Experience of Intermediate Care setting.
- Previous experience of electronic patients notes systems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.