Are you looking for a great start to your career in the NHS as a Band 5 speech and language therapist? Come to Worcestershire and start your career surrounded by highly experienced and specialist therapists with weekly mentoring support, on the job training and access to a wide range of CPD We have four Band 5 speech and language therapy posts within our team based in Worcestershire. What do you need to know about us?
- All of our Band 5 therapists have a comprehensive induction programme with ongoing regular mentor support, clinical supervision and CPD during the first 2 years post qualification
- We’re a Balanced System® service – we work in an evidence-based way at a universal, targeted and specialist level. We’re easily accessible and you’ll find us working in settings and schools.
- We are a supportive team, working together in early years and within our school age service
- We invest in the professional development of our staff with internal and external CPD opportunities
- We have excellent administrative support with two main admin bases
- All of our team are well equipped to do their job – we invest in resources and equipment, so we all have what we need on a day-to-day basis
What are the potential opportunities within these roles?
- None of our team were redeployed during the pandemic and we were back to face-to-face work in September 2020 with new investment from our commissioners to support children disadvantaged by the pandemic
- Working across a range of clinical areas and settings to give you a broad clinical experience as a Band 5 therapist. This may include:
- Working within our early years service based in Children’s Centres and Family Hubs – the first point of contact for many of our children and their families
- Working within our mainstream school service delivering support from a universal to a specialist level
This might be the role for you if you:
- Working within specialist provision such as language classes, special schools or autism bases attached to mainstream schools
- Are graduating this year and you’re looking for your first Band 5 role within the NHS
- Are a current Band 5 looking to develop your skills further or for a new opportunity in a different clinical area
- Are looking to work in a progressive team, following the evidence base and working in creative and innovative ways
- Are looking for a supportive team with opportunities to develop your clinical knowledge and skills
- Value working relationships and working in a team to achieve the best outcomes for children and their families
Find out more about us by visiting our website (see attached link)
You’ll also find out more about us by visiting our You Tube channel (see attached link)
You can also find us on social media on Twitter @SLT_Worcs or on Facebook by searching ‘Worcestershire Speech and Language Therapy’
Informal discussion about these posts are welcomed; please contact Emma Jordan, Service Manager on 01562 714700 or email email@example.com
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.