Exciting opportunity for a 32 hours per week, Band 6 post within our Eating Disorders Service. We will also consider a band 5 to 6 development role for any applicants with enthusiasm for working with Eating Disorder clients.
There are excellent opportunities for further training in Eating Disorders and robust systems of support and supervision within the Trust. There are great opportunities for joint working and continuing professional development.
We offer evidence-based treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder and OSFED. A comprehensive range of services is provided, from outpatient individual and group treatment packages for relatively mild-moderate cases through to intervention and case management of people with severe Anorexia Nervosa. Clinicians in NEDS work with individuals locally in the community and also co-ordinate referrals to Out of Area inpatient admissions to Specialist Eating Disorder Units (SEDU's), when needed.
New developments include the development of intensive home support and day programme for people with severe eating disorders and early intervention approaches (FREED - https://freedfromed.co.uk/).
Main duties of the job
- To deliver a high quality and specialist clinical service to people (with eating disorders and their associated supporters via evidence-based multi-modal interventions (for example, CBT-ED, MANTRA, CBT-T)
- To provide consultation/supervising interventions and training/education to a wide range of groups and stakeholders
- To work autonomously, with a complex case load, within professional guidelines.
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research
- To contribute to broader pathways for people with an eating disorder diagnosis
- The post-holder will help with for the identifying gaps in the service and assisting with service improvement and developing pathways of care to meet the service needs in line with National and Local strategies and evidence-based best practice.
- To offer specialist assessment and consultation to other health professionals
- To organise and provide teaching and training within NHFT and across the local health and social care economy and relevant agencies at awareness, practitioner and advanced levels, as appropriate.
- To demonstrate sound leadership skills through the management of service development projects in collaboration with other EDS colleagues to facilitate broader pathway changes/improvements
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools. We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Knowledge and Experience Essential
- Degree/Post-Graduate Diploma in Dietetics
- Registered with HCPC
- An interest/passion in the field of Eating Disorders
- Knowledge of Eating Disorders supported by relevant experience and/or interest
- Experience of managing a diverse caseload of clients and delivering client centred care
- Experience of working with clients with an Eating Disorder diagnosis
- Additional training/qualification in Eating Disorders/Mental Health, or working towards
- Experience of providing in service training or other relevant presentations/training programmes
Behaviours and Values Essential
- Excellent organisational, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Confident, self motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Able to reflect and appraise own performance
- Able to motivate others and take the lead if necessary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.