Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service Eating Disorder Services Based In WorcesterCAMHS Practitioner – Eating Disorders Band 6 37.5 Hours per week £32,306-£39,027 p.a.Ref: 798-2191A
Do you have the drive to join an experienced and highly motivated Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Eating Disorders Service to deliver responsive and effective services to Children, Young People and Families with Eating Disorders?
Due to further investment monies, the team are excited to be offering a developmental career opportunity to an enthusiastic and motivated Registered Practitioner to join the CAMHS Eating Disorder Service in Worcestershire.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team who will support with clinical pathway developments and responsible for delivering a service to Children and young people who have complex physical, emotional and mental health needs. You will deliver NICE guided interventions to ensure best outcomes for Children and young people accessing the service. You will have a proven ability to liaise with and work in collaboration with other relevant agencies according to the needs of the young person. The Eating Disorder team has solid links with the local inpatient paediatric service and both services work closely together to ensure consistent and collaborative care is provided.
The multidisciplinary team consists of Consultant Child psychiatrists, RMN’s, Counselling psychologists, Family Therapists, Community support workers, Dietician and Occupational Therapists. The team’s ethos is recovery driven, and we strive to deliver excellent evidenced based care.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the very busy Worcestershire Children’s Eating Disorder Service currently serving the Children and young people across the county of Worcestershire. No two days will be the same, so flexibility, problem solving skills and a desire to make a difference are all vital for this role.
You will be a motivated, experienced clinician with a specialist interest in this field who can work in a team and are passionate about the health and wellbeing of Children and Young People
The role will require:
- Qualification in RMN, BSc/DipSW, BSc OT, RSCN
- Experience in assessment and management of children and young people with mental health and eating disorders presentation, clinical risk and managing own case load.
- The ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels, respecting and valuing others.
- Working flexibly to provide the service delivery need across Worcestershire (the service operates from 9 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays)
- An enthusiastic, motivated and innovative thinker to become part of a Children and Young People facing community
- The ability to work autonomously to manage your own case load whilst working within a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to problem solve and manage time effectively
- Experience of working in a fast paced and varied environment
There is scope for professional development as the trust has a repertoire of training available to those wishing to extend their skill set. Developing our workforce is important to us.
As a member of the CAMHS Eating Disorder Service who were rated ‘OUTSTANDING’ by the CQC in January 2020 and an employee of our Trust you will benefit from;
- Working within a supportive and valued team of professionals
- High quality regular clinical and Line Management supervision
- Robust appraisals
- Access to learning forums
- Formulation and weekly MDT Meetings
- Continuous Professional Development and training opportunities
- Career Progression opportunities
- Flexible working, allowing you to maintain work-life balance
- Access to LGBT, BAME, Disability and Carers Forums
- Wellbeing and support programmes
- A wide range of NHS discounts
This post has been deemed by the Trust as eligible for relocation expenses which will be applicable for suitable successful candidate(s). Please see attached policy for more information.
If you are passionate, self-motivated and driven and looking to be part of an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of CAMHS Eating Disorder Team in Worcestershire then we would welcome your application and look forward to hearing from you.
We believe the best way to find out if a role is right for you is to have an informal chat with our Recruiting Manager or other members of our team. Please contact Marie Tibbetts Locality Service Manager on 01432 220450.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.