Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Doctors
We offer a generous salary package worth up to £77,51 9
per national terms plus fringe, on-call payments and an extra £25, 000
on top of salary which include recruitment premia, relocation allowance professional development support and much more. Our organisation
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,500 staff serving a population of 1.3 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals, and residential homes. Our mission and values “For a better life”
- Treat people well
- Create respectful places
- Be Open, Honest, Accountable
- Involve not ignore
We provide a comprehensive range of services including in the community and hospital settings: talking therapies, mental health services for adults, children and adolescents, drug, and alcohol, learning disability, eating disorder, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic, forensic and other mental health.
To view our latest CQC
report please click on the link provided in this advert in the Further Links section. About the role
Do you love caring for young people and children?
Join our innovative and passionate Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) as Specialty Doctor for a 12 Bedded 24/7 newly Commissioned Unit.
This post will work very closely with the Consultant and Medical Trainees. About you You will have:
- Full GMC registration
- AC approved (if associate specialist)
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within similar environment
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
- A minimum of 4 years in the registrar or staff grade and/or specialty doctor grade and/or in the clinical and/or
- senior clinical medical officer grades, at least 2 of which working within Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- A minimum of 10 years medical work (either a continuous period or in aggregate) since obtaining a primary
- medical qualification which is (or would at the time have been) acceptable by the GMC for full, limited or
- temporary (but not provisional) registration.
- The candidate should have substantial and relevant clinical experience.
- Sound medical skills and knowledge.
- Understanding of the importance of excellent team working relationships and ability to put this into practice.
- Knowledge of appropriate medical, pharmacological treatment
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (or eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- MRCP or equivalent medical qualification or equivalent higher psychiatric qualification. Approval (or eligible for
- approval) under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Being able to write procedure documents (standard operating procedures for administrative functions)
- Commitment to maintenance and development of medical leadership.
- Excellent communicate skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Efficiency in clinical work.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary fashion with teams and other disciplines. Ability to work independently,
- methodically and safely.
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- NHS Specialty Doctor grade: £45,274 - £77,519 + 149 fringe + on-call payments
- GMC Sponsorship
- £15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8,000*subject to policy requirements
- Sponsorship for international candidates: up to £3,199
- £2000/year CPD allowance *subject to policy requirements
- NHS Pension: employer’s contribution14.38%from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave and sick pay
Surrey is recognized as having many areas of outstanding beauty and is well known for its countryside. It is well serviced by excellent rail and road network links, as well as being within proximity of two of London’s main airports, Heathrow and Gatwick. The team base is just off the M25 and there is easy access to London and the coast. Surrey has many attractions for children and families. The county also has excellent schools within the area, making it the perfect place to live and work. Closing Date: 30th June 2022
For further information and / or to arrange an informal visit
Dr Phil Ferreira-Lay
Clinical Director & Consultant Child Psychiatrist
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.