The Trust is seeking a Speciality Doctor to work with the Eating Disorders Community Team.This post will provide support and clinical assistance to the Consultant Psychiatrist with regards to the care of patients.
This is a team consisting of Consultant Psychiatrist, Nursing Team, Occupational Therapist, Psychologists, CBT therapists, Dietician and supported by an administration team. The team provide a psychologically informed service assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care provision for service users with a diagnosis of an eating disorder. This is a well-supported post where a Speciality doctor can gain a great deal of experience and knowledge working within established multi-disciplinary team. The role involves an interesting mix of having the opportunity to be involved in both acute medical work with a patient group who have significant medical needs and also to provide longer term therapeutic work.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE MINIMUM 2 YEARS PSYCHIATRY EXPERIENCE
Main duties of the job
To assess and treat service users in the community
- To have input into the new Intensive Support Team for the most unwell service users
- To review patients admitted to an acute hospital or acute psychiatric hospital
- To cover High Risk Clinic on occasions, assessing service users who may need an Eating Disorder Unit admission
- Undertake urgent and routine psychiatric assessments when necessary
- To liaise with GPs regarding a service users medical monitoring results
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable
- To provide medical support to the MDT
- Ensure effective and timely documentation and communication of clinical decision making and management plans
o The post holder is expected to seek Section 12 approval, but this is not a requirement of the post
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Basic Medical Qualification (MBBS or equivalent)
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Section 12 Approval
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice, or eligible for full registration with the GMC at the time of confirmaiton of appointment
- Completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry; or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
- Ability to manage own time and workload and prioritise clinical work
- Ability to appraise own performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of specific achievements that demonstrate leadership skills
Research and Audit Essential
- Ability to critically appraise published research.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Experience in involvement in a research project and publication.
- Interest in research
- Up to date knowledge of issues in Mental Health Service for this specialty.
- Commitment to teaching other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Teaching of undergraduate students
- PGCME or equivalent/aspiration to attain a postgraduate teaching qualification
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.