Do you want to work for a forward thinking, newly formed organisation? An exciting opportunity has arisen as part of the ongoing development of the Intensive Support Team (IST); A multi - disciplinary, community based learning disability service located in West Bromwich, serving the Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Walsall and Dudley areas of the Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and dedicated registered Learning Disability Nurse with significant experience in delivering a high quality, person centred service for adults with a learning disability, with the aim of achieving quality of life outcomes. Working in conjunction with the MDT you will provide a valued clinical leadership role to design and deliver specialist interventions within the framework of an IST shared caseload.
The IST is part of a 'Whole Pathway' approach within the Specialist Learning Disability Services, requiring interface with a number of LD teams and services to promote shared formulation. This includes assessment and management of risks which place the individuals or others at risk of serious harm; or for whom the nature or degree of risk might otherwise lead to exclusion, placement breakdown, and admission to inpatient services.
Main duties of the job
- Working intensely with individuals over 18 years of age, who have a diagnosed learning disability, additional complex physical and/or mental health needs, and engage with behaviours that challenge.
- In partnership with the wider IST MDT, working alongside a Psychologist, Speech & language therapist, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Assistant Practitioner, and Clinical Support Workers
- Completing and formulating functional behaviour assessments to develop PBS Planning
To join our team you'll need to have:
- Developing and intensively supporting the implementation of therapeutic cognitive and behavioural interventions
- Providing bespoke workshops and advice to the individual, their family members and others involved in their daily care
- Compassionate and committed to deliver a meaningful and safe service in line with NMC, CQC and NICE standards
- Ability to lead, encourage team working, and supervise colleagues
- Confidence to clinically co-ordinate assessment and intervention planning throughout the IST clinical pathway
- Great communication skills, with the ability to build excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
- To be able to effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
- To work to a high standard, sometimes without direct supervision
- A passion for providing quality of life outcomes for the LD population
- Good IT skills (We have recently implemented the new RiO Electronic Patient Record system)
At Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, we're building a high-calibre, diverse and inclusive mental health workforce. One that will give talented professionals like you the opportunity to shape an outstanding service that will transform community mental healthcare and deliver happier and healthier lives all across our communities.
The Trust is rated 'Good' from CQC (Care Quality Commission) and will become the lead provider for mental health services across The Black Country . We have recently invested in newly created clinical divisions and are currently developing new models of integrated primary and secondary care for adults and older adults, as well launching a far-reaching inpatient strategy, working to eradicate dormitories and building new facilities.
This ambitious model is multi-agency and multi-disciplinary, opening the door for you to work in a collaborative and flexible way with partners, service users, carers and their families.
Job description Job responsibilities
As the post involves travelling across the 4 Black Country areas, having a full UK Driving licence and car is essential. The post involves flexible working including some weekend working, working outside of Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00 and Bank Holiday working.
Please see Job Description for full details of the post.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Qualified Learning Disability Nurse
- Post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience in LD
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.