* * Previous applicants need not apply * *
Come and join a well established, friendly and supportive IAPT team here at Birmingham Healthy Minds. We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic PWP's to enhance an already reputable service.
As a motivated PWP proficient in CBT techniques you will inspire clients to become their own therapist using a variety of medium such as computerised CBT, telephone work, one to one and group work. Part of your varied role will also be spent assessing client suitability for BHM and where appropriate signposting to other more suitable services.
For those who are familiar with the IAPT environment you will be aware of the flexible and adaptable nature of IAPT services and therefore you must be able to handle change as part of your role. As a future orientated service we offer groups and assessments outside the 9-5 so expect some evening (weekly) and some Saturday working (monthly).
Main duties of the job
You will need to work closely with your colleagues both at step 2 and at step 3 to ensure streamlined service provision and to foster excellent working relationships.
What we can offer you at BHM:
- A welcoming and friendly working environment
- A mixture of office based and remote working
- Weekly case management supervision
- Fortnightly group clinical skills supervision
- Regular team meetings
- Monthly service wide step 2 meetings
- Internal and where viable external training opportunities to further your skills
- Champion roles in perinatal, older adults, staff wellbeing etc.
We encourage applications from trainee PWP's who are about to complete their course to apply, with posts being offered conditionally on confirmation of passing an IAPT approved training course.
Here at BHM we cover a vast geographical area with enormous diversity both culturally and socio economically. Your skills as a PWP will be challenged to meet the needs of this diverse population and the ability to adjust your interventions to suit the goals of the individual client is paramount.
If you think you are up to the challenge and have the relevant qualification then get your skates on and apply before the closing date!
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- Post Grad Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions (Trained Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner) or Evidence of completing a recognised British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited Improving Access Psychological Therapy (IAPT) compliant course and clinical hours completed to ensure equivalent recognised qualification of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner is obtained.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.