Essex Learning Disability Partnership
are looking for aRegistered Speech and Language Therapist (SLT)
with a passion for delivering the highest standard of care for individuals that have a learning disability.
You will be working as an SLT within The Essex Community Learning Disability Team,
based at either Lexden Site, Colchester, Tekhnicon House, Braintree or Kao Park, Harlow.
The Essex Community Learning Disability Team provide person centred and holistic assessment and care for adults with a learning disability living in the community. The multidisciplinary team works with individuals that live independently in the community, with family/carers, and those that reside in supported living schemes or 24 hour residential placements. The service is committed to improving the health and well-being of people with a learning disability across North-East, Mid & West Essex, by working in a simple, person-centred way that empowers individuals to maximise their potential.
- Work in an interdisciplinary way to assess service user’s needs, devise care plans and evaluate outcomes.
- Provide clinical advice and support for service users that present with behaviour that challenges and require support with their mental health.
- Work directly with service users, carers, colleagues and other service providers.
- Support people to remain in the community and avoid preventable hospital admissions through rapid response, focused assessment, intervention and support
- Facilitate and support safe discharge from hospital back into the community
- Deliver training and education to other professionals/carers/family.
- Professional Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Be able to communicate effectively, using a variety of methods, with service users, other members of the MDT, carers/family and other agencies involved in the service users’ care.
- An ability to maintain high standards of record keeping.
- A good understanding of legislation and national guidance relating to the care and support of people with learning disability.
- Must be dysphagia trained
Essex Learning Disability Partnership
- NHS and Employee Discounts
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- 35 days Annual Leave and Public Holiday Entitlement, Increasing to 37 Days After 5 Years of Service, and 41 Days After 10 Years' Service
- Car Lease Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Various Staff Wellbeing Programmes
- Free Parking
- Varied Career Pathway Options
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Paid DBS application
is an innovative collaboration between Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust & Essex Partnership University Trust that provides the following services across Essex:
- Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- North East Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- South Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- Lexden Hospital, Colchester – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability
- Byron Court, Billericay – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability
By working together, the two organisations each bring diverse expertise and a wealth of experience. The objective is to transform Learning Disability services in Essex by working creatively to remove barriers and duplication and deliver excellent care underpinned by the following principles:
- Community Focused
- Equality of Access
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Jenna Braddick Job title Specialist Learning Disability Lead Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.