An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Durham Locality (Chester Le Street Primary Care Network) for an experienced professional from a nursing background to clinically lead primary care practice aligned mental health services for adults aged 18 upwards.
Ideally you will be a non medical prescriber with experience at Band 6 within Primary mental health.
Main duties of the job
Working directly with GPs and other primary care staff, you will need to be enthusiastic, highly motivated and an excellent communicator. You will need significant experience in assessment, delivery care pathways and interventions within multi-disciplinary and multi-agency settings, and have advanced skills in Psychosocial interventions. You will also be a non-medical prescriber, or be willing to achieve this. You will support service users in their recovery working both autonomously and as part of a team. As an experienced clinician you will be expected to supervise and mentor junior members of the team as well as students, and lead service development and evaluation in conjunction with the joint project board.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.A lease car scheme is in operation.
TEWV provide a range of benefits which include
Lease car scheme
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be responsible to lead Band 6 staff within the PCN area, providing supervision, appraisal and leadership.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - current NMC registration
- Non Medical Prescriber Level 2
- Post qualifying qualification in relevant field
- IT Literate
- Teaching and Assessing qualification
- Clinical supervisor
- Significant experience of working within Adult Mental Health
- Management/Leadership experience
- Quality improvement skills
- Multi agency working
- Experience of working collaboratively with GPs/Primary Care
- Significant experience of working with Adults with mental health problems
- Experience of working within primary care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.