Band 5 CAMHS Nurse Full time, permanent role
Are you a newly qualified nurse or someone who is looking to change their nursing journey?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our RISE family as a Band 5 Nurse within the specialist mental health services for children and young people across Coventry and Warwickshire
Our mission is to nurture and develop newly qualified/junior nurses in order for them to reach their potential and progress the career ladder within this highly specialist area. This will be done through robust preceptorship, clinical supervision and training.
You will be supported by band 6 and 7 nurses to work within the multi-disciplinary team. The post will be split between the Whitestone Clinic, Nuneaton and Hunter House, Rugby. Predominantly the team works out of the Whitestone Clinic.
Main duties of the job Please refer to the attached JD / PS for further information
There is a clear nursing structure and career progression pathway within RISE with opportunities to broaden your experience and development , we are also part of the CYP IAPT initiative and work in partnership with the Reading CYP-IAPT collaborative where we have on going opportunities for further training.
You will hold a caseload of Children and Young People and have the opportunity to work alongside and liaise with other agencies in order to meet the needs of the young person and their family. You will also provide assessments under the supervision of team members of band 6 and above and be part of the ongoing multi agency/ multi-disciplinary discussion and support around the young people you will see. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FOR FULL DETAILS
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse - Mental Health, Learning Disability, Childrens Diploma / Degree holder
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of up-to-date legislation in respect CAMHS
- Demonstrate understanding of responsibilities of registered nurse according to NMC codes
- Knowledge and understanding of research and its relationship with practice.
- Knowledge of Valuing People and its application into practice
- Able to understand and contribute to services strategic framework and service visions.
- Highly effective communication and liaison skills.
- Ability to manage own workload under supervision
- Clinically proficient and able to provide direct assistance to clients with complex needs.
- Experience of working in multi agency teams with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.