A REWARDING CAREER WITH US STARTS WITH A *£5,000* WARM WELCOME
We are pleased to announce a brand-new golden hello incentive for Consultant positions within Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health, NHS Trust.
We are currently transforming our service delivery to meet a new set of high-quality standards that our East Enfield Community Mental Health Team deserves and our staff want to provide. To support this important quality initiative, we are pleased to attach an attractive recruitment premium of £5000
to these Consultant roles within our Trust as an incentive to not only join us but be a part of our future.
The post offered is that of Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry covering the Early Intervention Team in the London Borough of Enfield.
This 10PA substantive position has arisen as a result of the departure of the Consultant from the Trust.
The post currently sits within the Enfield borough directorate and there is an expectation of contribution to service line governance and management processes as a senior clinical leader.
The Trust continues to strive for clinical excellence and to review service structure to achieve greatest value and efficiency for our clients and commissioners.
The post is subject to the annual job planning process agreed under the new Consultant contract.
London Weighting applies.
See JD For further details
Main duties of the job
This is the post of Consultant Psychiatrist within the Early Intervention in Psychosis Service (EIPS) within Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust. The post covers the Enfield team, and there are sister teams in the other two boroughs of Haringey and Barnet covered by Consultant colleagues. The team work to the evidence based Early Intervention model.
Principal duties will include: Senior clinical leadership to the Enfield EIP service and responsibility for the medical care of patients under the care of team.
Enfield EIPS is a multidisciplinary team delivering a community service to clients during their first episode of a psychotic illness.
The team's patients are all subject to CPA.
Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS), rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. This service treats and cares for people within the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions.
We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services and mental health liaison services in North Middlesex University Hospitals Trust.
Our values and quality improvement are at the heart of everything we do, please consider joining us.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Post-holder will provide:
Clinical Work and leadership
Clinical leadership for the team, direct clinical assessments and consultations for patients under the care of EIS.
Medical input and leadership in weekly MDT care planning/risk management planning meetings.
Clinical supervision of GPVTS trainee.
Responsible Clinician responsibilities with attendance at and report-writing for Mental Health Tribunals and Managers hearings for those clients being managed under conditions of Supervised Community Treatment Orders.
Professional leadership within the post, and take part in management activities related to the post and the wider service within which it is embedded.
As a senior clinician, to have an integral role in the performance of their team, further development of the service, and the development of the clinical pathways and priorities of EIS services across the Trust.
Compliance with all legal obligations covering clinical practice (eg Mental Health Act and code of practice).
See JD for further details
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Listed on the Specialist Register of the GMC Medical Register or eligible to register within six months.
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrist or equivalent qualifications/ certification
- To be approved under Section 12 (2) of the 1983 Mental Health Act, the 2007 amendments and any successor legislation.
- Approved Clinician status in terms of the same legislation
- Training and experience in evidence based interventions for EIS to include: Psychoeducation, medication and Psychological Therapies
- Membership of a professional indemnity organization.
- Engagement with annual appraisal.
- Experience of Safeguarding Children Framework
- Experience in multi-disciplinary teaching.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale.
- Participation in Medical Audit
- Capacity to respond positively to the constantly changing NHS environment
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written media.
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use email and Internet
- Experience in data gathering and management
- Registered for the Continuing Professional Development Program in the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Publications in the field of Psychiatry
- Management Skills
- Experience of developing a service component
- Management Training
- Have experience working with different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Special Aptitudes Essential
- Demonstrable ability to relate well to young people and their families
- Team player to fit in with multi professional team
- To have an approachable attitude to team members.
- Willingness to represent the service at Trust wide meeting and in discussions with partner agencies and Commissioners
- Ability to work and build relationships with other agencies and departments
- Ability to work with Trust management in the spirit of mutually supportive co-operation
- Ability to drive and willingness to use own car on an occasional basis, expenses to be provided by the Trust at normal rates. There are standard methods of paying travel expenses defined by national terms and conditions which vary with the degree of travel.
- Ability to travel between locations
- Ability to cover for absent colleagues when necessary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.