We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Specialty Doctor post in CAMHS. This role is a 8 PA post within the CAMHS Recovery Service based at Ripley.
Candidates will need to be registered with a licence to practice from the General Medical Council.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been working in a hybrid model with facilities for onsite and remote working.
This position would be suitable for candidates with experience in CAMHS psychiatry and the post holder would be required to work alongside and support the teams Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Within this post there will be opportunities to develop skills and knowledge of psychiatric assessment and management of severe mental illness in Children and Young People.
This role would suit a candidate interested in further training towards Specialist Registration.
Main duties of the job Key duties of the post
- To assess and manage severe mental illness affecting CYP under the care of the CAMHS Recovery Team under supervision of the CAMHS Consultant.
- To work closely with the MDT in delivery of the above.
- To liaise with General Practitioners and Paediatric services as needed.
- To maintain excellent record keeping on electronic systems and in correspondence with other agencies as required.
- To maintain continued professional development (CPD) and to undertake annual appraisals for revalidation.
- To contribute towards teaching of Medical Students, Junior Psychiatrists (Core Trainees)
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist CAMHS to the Southern half of the County with total population of approximately 625,000. The approximate population of 0-18-year age group is 126,000.
The Service has undergone Transformation to an Integrated Care Pathways approach with centralisation of Therapy Services and initial assessment (CHOICE) to make the best use of local resources and monies from Future in Minds with an Outcomes Focused direction, influenced by THRIVE and New Ways of Working. We have Participation embedded within the service with a Participation Lead and Experts by Experience Worker. The service was rated as Outstanding by the CQC at last inspection.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of making a positive difference in people's lives.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: To view the Job Description and Person Specification, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English
- Relevent mental health clinical knowledge
- Experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications & Knowledge Essential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- (2) Evidence of achievement of foundation competencies in line with GMC standards
- Evidence of achievement of STI/CTI competencies in mental health speciality
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Participated in continuous professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.