The Sussex Children and Young peoples (CHYPS) service have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrist to join their Acute Inpatient Team. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those Young People (13yrs -18yrs) admitted to an Inpatient Unit and their families / carers within Sussex.
Main duties of the job
To provide comprehensive assessments and Psychiatry led interventions for a cohort of young people with complex needs within our 16 bed inpatient unit.
To take a lead clinically where appropriate and work as a proactive member of a full multidisciplinary team.
To contribute to the leadership team as required and help to continually develop the acute care pathway along side colleagues.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss in more detail. Please note this post attracts a Golden Hello Payment of up to £5,000 as well as a relocation package of up to £8,000. Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 304 0393.
Please note Covid-19 full vaccination may be a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive Multidisciplinary team which includes Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Systemic Family Therapists and Social Workers.
This post will work along side other Consultants and Speciality Doctors who work in Sussex (CHYPS). You will also be part of a Trust Wide Consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the trust and develop peer networks.
You will be required to contribute to the CAMHS Psychiatry on call rota.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- CCT in Child and adolescent psychiatry or equivalent
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience of service development/service improvement
Academic Skills and Lifelong Learning Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.