The Children and Young Peoples (ChYPS) Sussex Family Eating Disorder Service have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrist
to join their newly commissioned Sussex Eating Disorders Day Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those young people with an eating disorder and their families/carers within Sussex. Please note this post attracts a Golden Hello payment of up to £5,000 as well as a Relocation Package of up to £8000. Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
Main duties of the job
We have recently received new substantive funding to set up this service. It will be located at a newly refurbished Aldrington House (Hove). The clinical model is in development and will be based on the highly acclaimed Maudsley Intensive Treatment programme. The service will have capacity to support 10 young people each day. Key service aims include:
- Supporting young people and families through a comprehensive 14 week group programme, entailing family therapy, CBT based groups, life skills and supported eating
- Prevention of need for an inpatient admission thereby allowing young people to eb treated closer to home
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living and working in Brighton and Hove
before then you should consider the following:
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there is a dynamic City but easy access to the South Downs National Park including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
The service we provide is in line with NICE Concordant Evidenced Based Treatment for those children and young people with an eating disorder. You will provide high quality specialist clinical assessments, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation to children, young people and their families in a day hospital setting, and work collaboratively with other members of the team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, systemic family therapists and psychologists. This post will work alongside other Consultants and Specialty Doctors who work in Sussex ChYPS. You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.