We are looking for a confident Principal Forensic / Clinical / Counselling Psychologist with a passion for delivering outstanding care. Youll be working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage. Main duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up. Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10 000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesLocation
: Cygnet Hospital Stevenage, Graveley Rd, Stevenage, SG1 4YS Salary
: Up to £56,000 (Depending on Experience) plus £2000 per year training budget over 3 years (subject to training agreement), plus up to £2000 relocation package Hours
: Full Time, Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours (Part time/flexible hours can be considered) The Role:
We are currently looking to employ an experienced full time (or part time) HCPC Registered Forensic/Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to join our Psychology Department at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage. The successful candidate will join a team comprised of qualified, trainee, assistant and honorary psychologists.
The successful candidate will work across the hospital but will also be attached to a secure ward working alongside a multi-disciplinary team. As a ward psychologist you will apply skills and expertise in clinical and risk assessments, collaboratively develop formulations and care plans, deliver group and individual psychological interventions, and offer consultation, supervision and training across the service. Depending on your expertise and training you will be supported to train in, and deliver, a wide range of assessments and treatments. These include risk, cognitive and personality assessments, and interventions such as Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (Skills Only), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Psychosis, ACT-Informed Substance Misuse Therapy, Fire Setters Programme, Sex Offenders Treatment Programme, Good Lives Informed Interventions and Mentalisation Based Therapy. In addition, the post holder will be expected to develop strong relationships with staff throughout the hospital and enhance the quality of care by leading on service development initiatives.
The Hospital: Cygnet Hospital Stevenage is an 82 bedded hospital with six wards consisting of a medium secure male ward, two low secure (male and female) wards, two PICU male wards and one acute female ward. Our goal over the next few years is to transform the service by integrating trauma informed working throughout the systems of the hospital. We are keen to introduce innovative ideas and test out new approaches to working with diverse populations such as testing new therapies and modalities which are in line with current trends and research. For this reason we are looking for a highly experienced psychologist to join our team. The Package:
Competitive salary: Up to £56,000 (Depending on Experience) Relocation Fees: Up £2000. Should you need to relocate closer to the hospital fees can be reimbursed Career Development:
Cygnet Benefits Package
- A highly attractive training budget (£2000 per year training budget over 3 years, subject to training agreement) which would enable you to train in service focussed assessments (e.g. IPDE, PCL-R) and treatments (e.g. MBT, Schema, EMDR).
- Access to regular clinical supervision and extremal supervision if required for a specialised therapy (e.g. EMDR, MBT)
- Access to fortnightly in person or zoom CPD events
Site Specific Benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Share incentive plan
- Free meals
- Free Parking
- Health cash plan (claim money back for health appointments, assessments and treatments such as dentists, physios; access to free private GP appointments etc)
- Employee referral scheme. Recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card includes big brand discounts.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free circuit training sessions with a Personal Trainer, Zumba classes and access to hospital gym
- Access to new music production studio
- Access to staff support coordinators
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact Vicky Linstead, Specialist RecruiterPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.