Older Adult Inpatient Mental Health Service - Newhaven Unit- Princess of Wales Community Hospital, BromsgroveStaff Nurse – RMN/RGN Band 5 37.5 Hours per week – 2 Posts available £25,655-£31,534 p.a.Ref: 798-2067A
If you are looking for an exciting new chance to use your clinical skills to make a difference, working in a flexible environment there is a fantastic opportunity to join our Older Adult mental Health Inpatient service.
We have challenging, demanding yet highly rewarding opportunities to join our multidisciplinary older adult inpatient team. Consequently we are seeking motivated individuals with a passion for older adult mental health and a commitment to support continually improving quality.
The service consists of two inpatient wards and the successful applicant will be given the opportunity to rotate within the service.
- Woodland Ward based at New Haven, Bromsgrove also provides assessment for older adults over 65 years old with functional mental health conditions.
- Meadow Ward based at New Haven, Bromsgrove provides specialist assessment and treatment for people living with dementia.
The team at Newhaven are friendly, supportive and exceptionally caring, putting patient care at the heart of the work we do to improve health care outcomes and service delivery.
Teamwork is paramount within our service which builds positive working relationships, Ensuring respect and valuing others, being helpful and inclusive.
Our service provides short-term care and treatment for people suffering with severe mental illness that can no longer be effectively treated within their own homes.
Our nurses build relationships and understand the patient and their holistic needs to enable the patient to begin their journey of recovery.
Day to Day elements
- We welcome newly qualified nurses and experienced nurses
- The ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels
- Working flexibly to support a 24/7, 365 days a year service.
- An enthusiastic, motivated and innovative thinker to become part of the Older Adult inpatient service
- The ability to work autonomously managing your own named patients, developing a plan of care whilst working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to problem solve, delegate, lead, co-ordinate and manage time effectively
- Experience of working in a fast paced and varied environment
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills along with a flexible, responsive approach and a genuine interest to undertake this role within this rewarding area of mental health nursing
Benefits of working for the team and Trust
- Close working with all members of the Multi-disciplinary Team
- Undertaking mental health needs assessments
- Assessment and Management of risk
- Liaising with other services such as, community mental health team, Hospital at Home Team, Mental Health Liaison Team and the Acute Trust
- Effective assessment through SBAR and care planning
- Delegation and shift management
- Supervising of junior staff, including students
- Predominately based at Newhaven Unit, Bromsgrove, although on very rare occasions there may be a need to support the wider service for a very short period
- We offer excellent training opportunities and the chance to further develop your skills within the field of Mental Health Nursing.
- If you are newly qualified the trust offers a preceptorship programme where you would be supported by a ward mentor and the preceptorship programme lead. If you have been qualified for over a year and would like to become a mentor, we can provide this training through Worcester University; this is something that is actively encouraged as we are passionate about developing our staff.
- Working within a supportive and valued team of Mental Health professionals
- Regular supervision and robust appraisals
- Learning forums
- Continuous professional development
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible working, allowing you to maintain work-life balance
- Wellbeing and support programmes
- Two weekly reflective practice session facilitated by team psychologist that all staff are welcome and encouraged to attend
- Monthly whole team meetings and quarterly registered nurse meetings
- Business meetings to keep you involved in wider service initiatives
- A wide range of NHS discounts
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust’s Older Adult Inpatient Mental Health Service is accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatry and is recognised nationally by John’s Campaign as a centre of excellence for carer support. The team has been recognised for its high quality care within the Trust, being awarded: Quality and Innovation Award (2013, 2016), Team of Year (2015) and Patient Experience (2016). To Apply
If you are passionate, self-motivated and driven and looking to be part of an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the Older Adult Inpatient service in Worcestershire then we would welcome your application and look forward to hearing from you. Informal chat
We believe the best way find out if a role is right for you is to have an informal chat with our recruiting manager.
Unfortunately due to the pandemic we are unable to invite you in at present but we are more than happy to be contacted by phone or arrange a Webex meeting.
Please contact Sarah Simmonds, Ward Manager on 01527 488480
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.