This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Central Bristol Community Mental Health Team, based at the Speedwell Centre, Bristol.
This is a part time, 6 PA post, on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This post involves responsibility for managing outpatients under the care of the full time Consultant who works solely in this team.
The post offers great opportunities to develop confidence in working with a diverse community in a confident and supportive team of doctors, nurses, psychologist, OTs, recovery navigators.
You must have at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry; or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
Main duties of the job
Under Consultant supervision you will be responsible for continuing assessment, management and treatment of the patients, taking the lead in prioritising and delegating tasks with non medical team members ( care coordinators, recovery navigators )
As the post holder you will be expected to support weekly new referral meetings, attend weekly multidisciplinary team meetings, liaise with the general practitioners, inpatient wards and the local crisis team and to provide patients reviews for working age adult patients.
The post offers the chance to broaden knowledge and learn new clinical skills. You will be supported to write tribunal reports and attend MHRT subject to appropriate experience for CTO patients. There are also opportunities to develop a special interest in clinical work, current examples being dual diagnosis, psychotherapy, crisis work, older adult psychiatry.
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Basic Medical Qualification (MBBS or equivalent)
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Section 12 Approval
- Eligible for Full GMC registration with a licence to practise at time of confirmation of appointment.
- Completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry; or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
- Ability to manage own time and workload and prioritise clinical work
- Ability to appraise own performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of specific achievements that demonstrate leadership skills
- Up to date knowledge of issues in Mental Health Service for this specialty.
- Commitment to teaching other members of the multi disciplinary team.
- Teaching of undergraduate students
- PGCME or equivalent/aspiration to attain a postgraduate teaching qualification
Research and Audit Essential
- Ability to critically appraise published research.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Experience in involvement in a research project and publication.
- Interest in research
Aptitude & Personal qualities Essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively within a Team.
- Commitment to high quality patient centred specialist Mental Health Service provision.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.