Are you Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist looking for an opportunity to widen your experience and develop a Specialism working with Adults who have Learning Disabilities? Are you an existing B6 SLT looking to broaden your experience with a different client group?
We can offer you the opportunity to develop your skills working within an expanding and dynamic Multidisciplinary Community Learning Disability Health Team that includes Nurses, Psychologists, OTs, Physios and Psychiatrists in the Central Lancashire area.
The post holder will work alongside a Highly Specialist Speech and language Therapist and receive clinical supervision from a Highly Speech and language Therapist to deliver SLT intervention to meet the communication and/or dysphagia needs of adults who are referred to the team.
Main duties of the job
The post offers the opportunity to develop specialist skills across a range of clinical areas including dysphagia, AAC, Total Communication and high level language difficulties with clinical supervision from SLTs across the teams. There will be opportunities to develop your leadership skills and take an active role in service development including training, outcome measures and research. The Trust is actively exploring links with HEIs and supporting the development of AHPs into Advanced Clinical practitioner roles and Masters Programs.
We want to recruit people to the service who share our values and are confident in their ability to contribute to the demonstrated effectiveness and acceptability of our service.
Staff at Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trustwork to improve lives with a culture based on four corevalues:
We are kind
We are a team
We are respectful
We are always learning
To keep informed of latest trust news and events follow us on twitter@Lscft_jobsand@WeAreLSCFT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on the role. When completing the supporting information
section of your application, please ensure you show how you meet each of the criteria of the person specification providing illustrative examples where possible; as this is what you will be shortlisted against.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- BA/ BSc/ MSc in Speech and Language Therapy
- HCPC registered
- Licence to practice (RCSLT)
- Compliance with regulatory bodies and codes of professional conduct
- Knowledge of current key NHS developments and policies and implications for service delivery
- Knowledge of wide range of clinical assessments and intervention/treatment techniques for Adults with learning disabilities
- Working knowledge of the Mental capacity Act and implications for professional practice
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance, including record keeping and confidentiality
- Experience working as an independent and autonomous practitioner managing own caseload
- Excellent interpersonal skills including observation and listening
- Understanding and experience of managing and mitigating clinical risks
- Relevant training and knowledge associated with unpredictable or challenging behaviour and manage conflict (e.g. conflict resolution, breakaway training)
- Problem solving /Decision making in relation to clinical practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.