The Harrogate, Ripon, Wetherby and surrounding areas Crisis Resolution and Home Based Treatment Team are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to provide operational management for the Crisis Team following the successful promotion of the current post holder. This dynamic, experienced and multi-professional team is based in Ripon at The Orchards and is currently in the process of seeking to achieve HTAS accreditation.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Main duties of the job
It is an exciting time to join the crisis team as the successful candidate will be key to maintaining crisis team service delivery and moving the service and team forward to meet the needs of individuals from the communities within the area. The team is made up of a range of practitioners from mental health nursing, mental health social workers, occupational therapists, psychology, psychiatry and admin who contribute to the assessment and home treatment for people experiencing mental health crisis. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating the training, supervision and professional development of the team. In addition, they will ensure that effective partnerships are in place across third sector agencies in the area, inclusive of the police, ambulance, local authorities, acute hospitals and other health care providers.
It is an exciting time to join the Crisis Team as team manager and be part of the team leadership cell made up of Consultant Psychiatrist, Consultant Psychologist and Advanced Nurse Practitioner. The successful applicant will also join the locality leadership team of senior manager and clinicians across the Harrogate Hambleton & Richmondshire adult services.
The team members are it's main asset and have a common interest in living the trust values, are professional and compassionate in supporting service users, carers and each other with a strong emphasis on wellbeing and can do culture.
Management and peer supervision is regularly available and through the appraisal process are keen to invest in the professional development.
In this role, you will require experience of working within an integrated multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate an ability to support day-to-day management of a highly functioning and often challenging service. Therefore, experience of working within secondary care mental health, have a current relevant professional registration and previous leadership or managerial experience would be preferred; however we would be willing to consider those seeking an opportunity to develop leadership and managerial skills within this area.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please review the attached job description for the essential role criteria and responsibilities. Please do contact us if you would like to arrange an informal visit or to discuss the role in more detail prior application or interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession.
- Leadership or management qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Post-graduate level 6 training in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with complex mental ill health in a community setting.
- Significant experience of providing clinical supervision, mentoring and teaching to healthcare professionals and students.
- Significant role in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Work positively and collaboratively in partnership with external agencies
- Write detailed reports
- Manage change effectively
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.