An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and innovative Physiotherapist to join the therapy team at Stoddart House.
The service is based on a nursing and therapy led reablement model, utilising a holistic and person centred approach in order to support individuals requiring our services.
Our multidisciplinary working with combined expertise, revised pathways and community connections will facilitate a more timely discharge in conjunction with our service users.
The service will run over 7 days per week on a rota basis.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide an excellent and effective reablement service.
You will be expected to be able to work autonomously and take responsibility for a caseload ensuring that evidence based, individualised and effective treatment is administered with the outcome of a timely and safe discharge.
Excellent time management, clinical reasoning and risk assessment skills are essential for this role.
You will be supported by the senior members of staff and team lead with regular supervision and in service training.
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.
Job description Job responsibilities
Band 5 Physiotherapist to join the multidisciplinary team at Longmoor House. Providing excellent, evidence based physiotherapy to individuals with the aim of achieving therapy goals identified leading to safe and timely discharge.
Thorough assessment of patients with diverse presentations, physical and psychological conditions, to provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
Hold responsibility for own caseload, working with the wider team to ensure an effective service is provided. Supported by the senior therapists on the team with an in service training programme, regular supervision and CPD opportunities.
The post holder will ensure their own personal development and participate in the development of others.
Person Specification Knowledge/ Experience Essential
- Experience of Physiotherapy functional assessment
- Experience of successful team working Experience of liaison with internal and external services and agencies
- Knowledge and ability to express an understanding of Physiotherapy process including formulation of intervention plans grounded in clinical reasoning
- General knowledge of the principles of clinical governance
- Have an understanding of clinical and environmental risk assessment
- Experience of service Development audit and research practice relevant to the clinical area.
- Experience of planning and facilitating therapeutic groups for patients / clients Experience of service development
- Experience of being involved in clinical audit and/or research
- Familiar with Electronic Patient Records Management and clinical leadership
- A basic understanding of 11/8/21 Relevant legislation including The Mental Capacity Act
- Up to date knowledge and application of current best practice in Physiotherapy relevant area of practice
- Application of Physiotherapy Outcome measures and Models of practice. Application of the process Of standard setting, audit, evaluation and review.
- A sound knowledge of the core skills of Physiotherapy and their application in this field.
- Be able to communicate effectively with service users within the specific client group.
- Demonstrates a good Knowledge of the Health Profession Councils standards Of Proficiency and the Demonstrate leadership skills to be able to initiate, monitor and implement change and fully participate in the development of physiotherapy service delivery Apply Professional skills to enable MDT working partnerships and liaise with external agencies 11/8/21 Physiotherapy responsibility to identify gaps in their knowledge base.
- Experience working in a collaborative way with the MDT and service users/carers.
- Excellent range of communication skills, able to motivate and support other staff
- Risk assessment skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills to be able to initiate, monitor and implement change and fully participate in the development of physiotherapy service delivery
- Apply Professional skills to enable MDT working partnerships and liaise with external agencies
- Registered Physiotherapist with the Health Professions Council.
- Diploma / Degree Physiotherapy
- Teaching / Mentorship qualification or equivalent work based experience
- Practice placement education Qualification.
- Evidence of post registration study in a field relevant to post
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.