Community Mental Health Nurse HOURS: 37.5 hrs per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated mental health nurse to join the Tendring Specialist Community Mental Health Team as a care coordinator. The team covers a number of localities within the Tendring region, including Harwich, Brightlinsea, Clacton-on-Sea and Manngintree.
The team works with a very diverse population across these area's and is seeking somebody who is those looking to progress into a community mental health post or somebody who already has experience in the community.
We are seeking an individual who is enthusiastic about working with patients in the community and want to provide truly person centered services. The role requires excellent communication skills, commitment to supporting and engaging patients, and demonstrate the ability to manage your own time and capacity effectively.
All care coordinators within the team have caseloads limited to ensure case management and staff wellbeing, have the opportunity to complete their own assessments and seek opportunities for further development. Additionally, all staff receive regular caseload supervision to ensure staff are supported to the fullest. For further information or an informal discussion, please contact James Foster or Matt Payne on 01255 226 050
Main duties of the job The Team
- The Tendring Specialist Community Mental Health Team is a multidisciplinary service who provide comprehensive assessments and evidence-based treatments for people experiencing Serious Mental Illness (SMI). The team also provides a number of brief intervention / psycho-educational groups including; STEPPS, Mental Health Self-Assessment, and PTSD groups.
About us The Trust -
Day One Flexible Employer The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment. EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
Season Ticket Loans
NHS discounts for staff
Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Day One Flexible Employer, the Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Job description Job responsibilities
Job responsibilities Training & Development -
Successful applicants will benefit from regular and consistent clinical supervision, a high level of support through regular caseload reviews with our Flow & Capacity Lead, and access to meaningful professional development. As a member of our team you will have access to our in-house training workshop program (including low Intensity CBT Interventions (such as Behavioural Activation, Graded Exposure, and Relapse Prevention) and access to monthly CBT Supervision groups to further develop the above skills and access support in their application.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Psychology qualifications, e.g. CBT, EMDR, Trauma-focused therapy, etc.
- Post-qualification inpatient or community experience
- Experience of carrying out the role of a care coordinator
- Able to demonstrate understanding of their responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983 & Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Experience completing social circumstances reports, attending MHA tribunals, and monitoring and assessing S117 needs
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Qualified for at least 2 years
- Car driver with access to a vehicle
- Experience of working in a community mental health team.
- Knowledge of the Care Act.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.