An exciting opportunity has been created for a Nurse Non-Medical Prescriber working in a full time position within the Ashford and Canterbury Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
You will be expected to provide assessment and treatment, including the prescribing of medications. The role will focus on working in the outpatient clinics working alongside the Consultant Psychiatrists, reviewing and adjusting medication as part of the prescribing practice through the use of the clinical management plan. You will be expected to provide advice to GPs, patients and other professionals on the use of mental health medications.
The post holder will ideally be an experienced Non-medical Prescriber with specialist knowledge, however applications from newly qualified prescribers with substantial mental health experience will be considered.
Main duties of the job
Work as an autonomous prescriber utilising medication and diagnostic skills to provide and prescribe care and treatment
Support education and development of other staff in medicines management and evidence based use of medicines
Perform medication reviews for patients attending the clinics across the locality with a minimum of 20 appointments each week
To be the lead HCP for a maximum of 35 clients (on standard care pathwayonly)
Undertake a full holistic assessment (with a focus on physical healthimprovement), liaising and referring to other agencies and professionals asnecessary. Undertake reviews of medicines and promote patient choice andeffective outcomes
Develop and use diagnostic skills, initiate investigation, prescribing careand treatment as appropriate
Provide expert clinical advice and work collaboratively with other healthprofessionals and agencies within the Directorate
Independently prescribe medication within a defined scope of practice
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- 1st Level Nurse RMN
- BSc(Hons) Nurse Practitioner or equivalent
- Non Medical Prescribing Course
- 5 years Band 6 or above
- Medicine management
- Experience of working either in Community, Primary Care or A&E
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive assessment of clients with undifferentiated diagnosis
- Experience of Research and Development and Audit
- Supply and administration of medicines under Patient Group Directions, Supplementary and if agreed, Independent prescribing.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Essential
- Broad understanding of multi- professional roles within primary and community services
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics and work well within a team
- Able to demonstrate sound clinical decision making under pressure
- Assessment and management of acute mental illnesses or relapse, prescribing and providing treatment to minimize the impact of the illness.
- Family, Carer's and Children's Interventions and Planning
Personal Qualities Essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to travel within the UK on an occasional basis and locally on a more regular basis
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.