This is an exciting opportunity for a new qualified or experienced band 5 nurse to work within Mid Essex, with DISS (Dementia Intensive Support Service)
Main duties of the job
You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year, working shifts where appropriate and operationally required.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
DISS is a crisis/ home treatment team for those individuals who are diagnosed or suspected diagnosis of dementia. As part of the team you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of patient centred care under the supervision of a senior member of the team. This will include providing practical support to service users and their carers, guidance and education and assisting in their management and care based upon the individual needs.
UK driving licence and a car for work is essential for this community post
Please see job description full full details of the role.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registered General nurse RGN or Mental Health Nurse RMN
- High standard of education.
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters.
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management.
- The ability to devise comprehensive care plans that incorporate effective, individualized and evidence-based therapy interventions
- Understanding of the nature of mental health conditions and how they can affect people's day to day life and impact upon recovery.
- Management and supervision of lower banded staff.
- Good IT skills i.e. Word / Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of using an electronic information system.
Skills and Experience Essential
- To assess and treat own caseload of service users in accordance with Trust clinical pathways.
- Undertake physical health checks of services users and act on the findings appropriately.
- Undertake a range of clinical duties e.g. providing practical support and guidance to service users
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines where required.
- Self-motivated with a desire to contribute to the ongoing service development.
Personal Qualities Essential
- Shares the Trust's Beliefs and models this in their attitude and behaviour:
- Current driving licence
- Be able to assess and act well in unpredictable situations where multi- tasking will be required
- Provide professional nursing advice when dealing with service users, staff, visitors and other professionals on a daily basis.
- Ability to assess own environment and make decisions that will ensure their own safety and the safety of the service user.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.