Are you an experienced RMN looking for their first leadership role or in a leadership role and want a new challenge?There is an exciting secondment opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic RMN or RGN looking for a leadership role on Boughton Ward. Boughton Ward is an 18 bed male acute inpatient unit based at Priority House in Maidstone.
We will offer development programme opportunities, supervision, reflective practice, mentoring and coaching and will ensure you are fully supported in your new role.
Main duties of the job
You will have the ability to influence, enthuse and enable, a role model who leads from the front and by example.
You will use your clinical expertise to improve practice, to challenge tradition and to work with the team to create a culture of therapeutic optimism and hope.You will support and develop staff to provide the kind of service you would want to recommend to family and friends.
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
Under the overall direction of the Ward Manager, maintain high standards of patient care.
Be professionally responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of a multidisciplinary programme of care.
Maintain a supportive leadership profile for Ward Manager and the multidisciplinary team.
Manage the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager.
- Attend all mandatory training as required and supervise the multidisciplinary staff group to do so.
- Support line manager in maintaining a safe working environment to ensure own, colleagues, patients and visitors safety. Alert others in the team to any safety risks and reports persistent problems to line manager
- Report/manage problems which breach Health and Safety to line manager and link to Datix system.
- Safely and effectively administer/monitor medication, including its side effects using systemic measures.
Please see job description for full details
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- RMN completion of Preceptorship programme
- Experience of Mental Health
- Evidence of recent Practice
- Practice development
- Older Adult Knowledge
- Leadership knowledge and further training
- Mentel Health Legislation
- Safeguarding and ability to apply principles
- Clinical effectiveness and patient experience
- Person Centered care planning
- Good IT Skills
- Medication Competency
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in reports
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines and revalidation
- Experience co-ordinating shifts
- Experience managing or supervising lower grade staff
- Clinical reflection evidence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.