An exciting and substantive opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse with a specialist knowledge or interest in Learning Disabilities and Autism at the Assessment & Treatment Service, Brighton General Hospital. The successful applicant will work across the two Assessment & Treatment Services in the city of Brighton. The service is looking to appoint somebody who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative, flexible and resourceful - with previous experience of working in the community and in various settings within mental health.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Main duties of the job
You will be working with clients with learning disabilities using a recovery focus, which fosters hope, choice, learning, independence and social inclusion. Interventions will assist the user of mental health services to develop control over decisions in their life, coupled with responsibility for their actions and outcomes. To achieve this, the post holder will work closely with the support network surrounding the individual and will develop good working relationships with carers and forge close links with the third sector.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Brighton:
- Be spoilt for choice with Brighton's iconic seafront, vibrant lanes and array of shops and attractions
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns on your doorstep
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the renowned Devils Dyke and South Downs National Park
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
We encourage flexible working
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
You would be expected to demonstrate good leadership qualities, and have a high level of clinical knowledge and self-awareness. You will also be expected to be knowledgeable about the Key Performance Indicators, and ensuring that you achieve these and complete them for each of the cases you hold. You will be able to manage new technology and have a willingness to embrace its continuing development.
As part of the role you will be interested in developing the autism pathway and working as a liaison for the Community Learning Disability Team. This will be a challenging and very busy role where a good sense of humour and creativity is required, but one which will be very rewarding. Applicants need to be mobile, with the facility to move across Brighton & Hove as required.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Registered Nurse Qualification (RNLD,RNMH)
- NMC Registration
- Post Basic Courses / Study Days
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Essential
- post qualification experience
- Experience of working with people with serious mental Health problems
- Experience of working with people who are learning disabled
- Experience of supervising staff
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
- Previous experience in the community
- Previous experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Work without direct support and supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.