Welcome Bonus of 5% of starting salary and Relocation Packages of upto £8000 available (subject to t&c's)
The Harbour, Blackpool: Male Acute Ward (Orwell)
A great opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, suitably qualified, experienced, confident and forward thinking individual to work as a Staff Nurse , specifically on our Male Acute ward - Orwell
There are 4 posts available.
Main duties of the job
You will promote and maintain high standards of care whilst supporting and assisting to implement local and national strategies and initiatives.
You will need to possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong commitment to your ongoing professional education and development is essential.
The successful post holder will be expected be able to rotate across the specialty areas and be able to work shifts covering 24 hours, seven days a week.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Qualification.(RNMH & RNLD) or a student nurse nearing qualification
- On-going registration with the NMC.
- Can demonstrate an understanding and knowledge base of mental health conditions and their treatments.
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of physical health conditions and the complications that this can cause to patients experiencing mental ill health.
- Post Graduate experience or be a student nurse nearing qualification'
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
- Experience of assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing care needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.