JOIN US FOR A VERY WARM WELCOME - *£2,500*
GOLDEN HELLO plus up to £6500 Relocation package available
We are pleased to announce the introduction of our enhanced salary package for CAMHS nursing roles.
We're committed to ongoing growth and to the transformation of our CAMHS services. To support these developments, we are recruiting (new to the Trust) qualified RMN's to expand our service provision and develop the current services we offer. To add to the investment we make in the career development of our staff, we also offer a premia payment- a welcome bonus of £2,500.
*Bands 5, 6 and 7 in nursing roles. First paymentof £1250 is at 6 months (After preceptorship or after 6-month probation) and second paymentof £1250 at 18 months.
An opportunity has arisen for a band 6 Deputy Ward Manager at the Beacon Centre. We are a specialist 12 bedded inpatient general adolescent unit in Edgware, treating young people between the ages of 13 up to 18 with acute and severe forms of mental illness. The Beacon Centre is part of the CAMHS Service within Barnet, Enfield & Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust.
The successful candidate will possess excellent clinical and supervisory skills, along with a desire to further develop their leadership abilities, whilst working together with the multidisciplinary team in delivering a high calibre service at all times.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will support the Ward Manager in promoting a positive attitude towards excellent patient care, working in partnership with parents and carers.
You'll act as keyworker or named nurse to allocated patients and understand key worker / named nurse responsibilities. You'll also act as a mentor/preceptor and facilitate junior staff's development through teaching and support. You will be required to assist in managing the ward within its allocated resources and to act as a professional role model, ensuring patient safety while maintaining a high standard of clinical care.
The successful candidate will be an experienced mental health nurse. You will provide both direct and indirect care working with colleagues within the multidisciplinary team. You'll liaise with other clinicians, offering assessment and interventions where indicated. You will have knowledge of treatment for children and adolescents with mental illness / disorders.
We will support you to develop specialist skills and pursue specific areas of interest or service development projects, where appropriate. We also hold regular CPD and service development days across the whole service.
Want to know more? Click here to listen to what our staff say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YLZcC9doA.
- A competitive salary
- Attractive loyalty bonus
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- All NHS staff have a generous annual leave entitlement starting with 27 days plus bank holidays increasing with every 5 years of continuous employment
- NHS Pension, still one of the finest pension schemes available and the best way to protect your financial future. Includes pension for life, redundancy benefits, a tax-free lump sum on retirement and life assurance and family benefits.
- Salary sacrifice scheme - low carbon car scheme (terms and conditions apply)
- Season ticket loan - help with your travel expenses
- Fantastic formal personal development with the Aspiring Leaders and Developing Leaders programmes
- Access to a wide range of groups and formal Networks
Job description Job responsibilities
We value our team members and we will support you to be successful in this role. This position involves:
Ensuring patients care needs are assessed, on admission and a care plan devised at the time of admission to address these needs.
Ensuring all patients are discharged in line with the care programme approach policy.
Organising the reception of patients and participating in their subsequent care.
Helping to ensure that appropriate needs of individual patients are met by all Unit departments.
Providing treatment both individually and in groups to patients with mental health disorders.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Professional registration with NMC.
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing.
- ENB 998 (Mentorship Course).
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Desirable
- Working with children and young people (CYP) with Mental health disorders.
- Working in NHS setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Organising CPA.
- Good knowledge of medication and side effects.
PERSONAL QUALITIES Essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary team autonomously.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to service user and carer involvement.
- Personal experience of mental health problems.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.