Newham CAMHS is looking for 2 enthusiastic and energetic consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists to join the team. The posts are currently advertised as locums but will become substantive posts once approved by the Regional Advisor of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
We have vacancies for 4 sessions in our Adolescent Mental Health Team (AMHT) which is a small cohesive community based multi-disciplinary team within Newham CAMHS which provides Early Intervention Service for the 13 to 18-year-old as well as assessment and treatment of young people presenting with high risk and severe life threatening self-harm. You will join an experienced multi-disciplinary team including an established consultant. The team model includes joint working between Psychiatry and allocated care-coordinator as well as individual working with young people and their families to provide developmentally informed evidence-based treatments.
We have further vacancies up to 11 sessions in our Core Emotional and Behavioural Teams (E+B) which provide multi-disciplinary interventions, including individual, group and family therapy to young people and families with a range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, OCD and conduct problems. You will join an experienced non-medical senior clinician to jointly lead the team and provide oversight and direct work with the team.
We would be happy to consider both part time and full time candidates who may want towork in a one or both teams.
Main duties of the job
Newham CAMHS is undergoing significant transformation and expansion of the service to become a truly embedded community facing service building strong links with the local authority, schools, youth services and voluntary organisations. You will join a group of over 100 clinicians from a wide range of disciplines working across the borough. The service is a vibrant specialist child and adolescent mental health service with a reputation for innovation and flexibility in meeting the complex mental health support needs of Newham's children, young people and families. It is centrally located on one site in Plaistow, Newham, and provides an extensive and growing range of services including multi-disciplinary specialist teams such as the Emotional & Behavioural Teams, Adolescent Mental Health Team, Paediatric Liaison Team, Neurodevelopmental Team, Looked After Children Team and Social Care/Early Help Team. We have a long tradition of effective multidisciplinary and interagency working.
In addition to undertaking assessment and treatment of severe and complex cases there are opportunities for supervision and training of trainees and students, QI and service development opportunities. ELFT as an organisation is a strong supporter of clinical leadership development with a strong body of supportive and influential consultant psychiatrists.
Job description Job responsibilities
Applications will be welcomed from candidates included in or eligible for the Specialist Register or within three months of obtaining the CCST in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or for 3 month Acting Up during the final ST6 training year.
Person Specification Teaching Essential
- oCommitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- oExperience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- oFamiliarity with problem based learning approaches
- oFull GMC registration
- oMRCPsych parts 1&2 or equivalent
- oEligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register or CCT in appropriate specialty (or within 6 months)
- oSection 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
- oPossesses an extensive range of clinical knowledge and excellent clinical skills.
- oExperience of assessment and management of CYP with complex mental health disorders
- oHigher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
- oExcellent communication skills with a range of different people
- oShows enthusiasm and initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, colleagues and the organisation
- oEnthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- oTraining in management skills
- oExperience of management of a clinical area
- oExperience of service development
- oExperience in a research project
- oPublication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
- oMeets professional health requirements
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.