EPUT is looking to appoint an enthusiastic consultant to join our Adult Inpatient team who will work on Galleywood ward, which is an 10-bedded female acute unit with shared therapy teams.
If you join our Trust we will ensure that you are supported and encouraged to pursue professional development interests and we have excellent links with the medical school at ARU and other educational establishments where we have shared appointments in teaching and research.
You must have full GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register, with an appropriate CCT or equivalent or be within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the AAC.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be expected to provide clinical leadership whilst working closely with the ward manager. The ward is situated adjacent to Finchingfield ward which is a 18-bedded male treatment ward.
Patients are initially admitted to a separate assessment ward unless they are detained under the Mental Health Act when they can be admitted directly to Galleywood. A small proportion of informal patients are admitted to treatment wards after a period of assessment on the assessment unit and when further treatment is deemed necessary.
Essex has so much to offer and mid Essex is a rapidly expanding part of the country. Historic towns thrive alongside modern communities and much of Mid Essex has remained off the beaten track but has retained a sense of continuity and community. Chelmsford is a 35-minute train ride from central London and was recently voted the 8th best place to live in a UK poll. Road and rail links with London and the rest of the country are very good and is only a short journey away by train from the entertainment and attractions of London.
There is a choice of educational provision for all ages, from pre-school to higher education at private, selective and good quality primary and comprehensive schools; Chelmsford is the 'home' to two of the best single sex grammar schools in the country and have been consistently being in the top 10 secondary schools nationally in the Sunday Times Good schools guide.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Provide consultant input and Responsible clinician duties for inpatients on Finchingfield ward.
- Ensure excellence in the provision of mental health assessments and evidence based treatments to all referred patients to the service in line with Trust policies.
- Establish a reliable and accessible work schedule with the team and be readily available during work hours.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in community and inpatient settings concerning the timely care and transfer of patients as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate administration and documentation in relation to duties of the post, including recording clinical activities in the Trust electronic patient record system.
- Liaise with primary care services as appropriate about patients physical health , mental health and social care needs.
- Help co-ordinate further support and/or management between different services as service users needs may dictate.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Registration with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register.
- Meets Royal College of Psychiatrists criteria for appointment to the post of Consultant.
- Section 12 Approval and Approved Clinician Status.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- On the Specialist Register with qualifications General Adult.
- Postgraduate degree in psychiatry MRC Psych or equivalent.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status.
- Approved under Section 12.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
Clinical skills, knowledge and experience Essential
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Utilises a quality improvement approach to think systemically about complex problems, develop potential change ideas and test these in practice using a systematic QI methodology.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.