This is an exciting opportunity to join CMHT in Stockport as we are currently undergoing a major transformation in service delivery and care. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic people to contribute to this redesign.We are looking to recruit Mental Health Practitioners to work in the CMHT Stockport West. The West CMHT is a multi disciplinary team with staff from a range of professions including, mental health nurses, occupational therapists, social workers and support workers. The team has dedicated Consultant Psychiatrist, and full admin support. We have access to Psychology and a newly commissioned personality disorder pathway and we have recently recruited a TAPPs and Mental Health And Wellbeing Practitioners to work alongside the CMHT to broaden our service for the people in Stockport.
Main duties of the job
You would be responsible for a defined caseload as a care coordinator / mental health keyworker within the team, as such you would work with individuals to meet their identified needs using a recovery approach and facilitate discharge from secondary mental health services. Additionally the post holder would contribute to duty and clinic work and participate in team development issues.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Current registration with appropriate regulatory body (e.g. NMC, HCPC)
- Degree or equivalent in Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work
- Mentorship , Practice Teacher or Educator
- Substantial experience of relevant post registration practice
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Experience of working with people with a range of severe and complex mental health problems
- Experience of working within a Community setting
- Experience of clinical supervision of other staff
- Good working knowledge of therapeutic assessment techniques and interventions in the management of behaviour of individuals with complex mental health needs
- Knowledge of a range of screening and assessment tools and interventions utilised to support individuals with severe and complex mental health problems
- Comprehensive understanding of Safeguarding adults procedures and practice
- Comprehensive understanding of the Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act and Care Act
- Comprehensive understanding of roles and responsibilities under the Care Programme Approach.
- Understanding of key national and local policies and drivers in relation to adult mental health services
- Knowledge of local authority and CCG commissioning processes
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to undertake the care co-ordinator role
- Evidence of ability to provide specialist mental health assessment and risk assessment/ management and be accountable for decision making
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage own emotions and deal with others in highly stressful situations
- Ability to engage with and provide therapeutic interventions for this client group and carers
- Ability to prepare, record and complete relevant care records and reports to a professional standard
- Evidence of ability to manage a diverse and complex caseload, prioritise own time and work under pressure
- Ability to co-ordinate and delegate the work of junior staff
- Ability to value diversity and respond constructively to discriminatory behaviour
- I.T Skills
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.