An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 5 to work within an exciting Early intervention for Psychosis Service. You will work within a broad multidisciplinary team promoting the role of Occupational Therapy with people who are/have experienced a first episode of psychosis. You will work closely with care coordinators to second work a small caseload alongside offering specific Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions.
Main duties of the job
- Second work a small caseload of people under the care of the Early Intervention Service for Psychosis (EIP) which will involve supporting with clinical documentation such as care plans and risk assessments.
- Support the team function receiving referrals by being part of the duty rota and supporting with initial assessments.
- Offering specific Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions to people under the care of EIP and facilitating therapeutic groups.
- Be willing to engage in specialized interventions which are person centred to clients needs e,g Behavioural Family Therapy
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care and effective) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - the link will take you to the KMPT TRAC Recruitment Site.You will be required to register if you do not have an existing account.
To adhere to and apply the current Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of Occupational Therapists and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics and Standards of Proficiency for Occupational Therapists.
To be responsible for maintaining professional registration.
To support the implementation of the current and future Allied Health Professions (AHP) strategy
To adhere to KMPTs policies, procedures and guidelines.
To ensure that the Trusts values are upheld in Occupational Therapy practice.
To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own work.
To take into account the individuality of the views, wishes, values and beliefs of service users, and relatives, respecting equality and diversity and contribute to the provision of a service sensitive to these needs
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Registered member of the relevant professional body and/or special interest group
- Skilled in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of interventions with experience of individual and group work
- Understanding of the role of Early Intervention Service for Psychosis
- Broad experience of working with people with mental health needs
- Knowledge in the application of relevant OT theoretical models, and approaches relevant to working with people with psychosis
- An awareness of the NHS Plan, NSF and clinical governance priorities. Knowledge of the mental health act and safeguarding
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.