EPUT is looking to appoint a LAS Trust Grade doctor who will provide consistent, high quality Medical Psychiatric support to the Tendring Specialist Mental Health team.
Main duties of the job
This post is embedded in a community mental health team.Career development will be encouraged and supported with opportunities to develop expertise Psychiatry.
The post holder will be expected to work in a multidisciplinary team (MDT) consisting of Consultant Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurses, Social workers, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Pharmacist. The post holder will have shared responsibility for the clinical care of those patients referred to the team and will be expected to work closely with the consultants and team manager to ensure the provision of an effective service.
You must hold full GMC registration.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities
- Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures.
- Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
- Provide agreed cover for colleagues periods of leave.
- Participate in audit and continuing medical education.
- Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards in Good Medical Practice
- Clinical judgement: experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk.
- Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need.
- Practical skills: shows aptitude for practical skills, required in the job.
- Commitment to clinical governance / improving quality of patient care.
- Clinical governance: Capacity to be alert to dangers or problems. Demonstrates awareness of good decision making. Aware of own limitations. Track record of engaging in clinical governance: reporting errors, learning from errors.
- Teaching: evidence of interest and experience in teaching where required in the job.
- Relevant specialty clinical knowledge: capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job and specialty
- Knowledge and experience of conducting cognitive assessments is desirable.
- Audit: evidence of active participation in audit.
Communication skills Essential
- Effective communication skills: demonstrates clarity in written/spoken communication and capacity to adapt language as appropriate to the situation.
- Empathy and sensitivity: capacity to listen and take in others' perspectives.
- Works in partnership with patients: always considers patients preferences when discussing treatment options.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.