Registered Nurse - Band 5RMN/RNLD/RGN/ Aspen Centre
- located on Warwick Hospital site, Warwick CV34 5BW Full time / part time permanent roles
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, self-motivated and innovative individuals with an interest in caring for people with complex physical and emotional needs.
The Aspen Centre is part of Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust Eating Disorders Service. It provides specialist treatment for adults and young people who have a diagnosed eating disorder.
The service provides a 15 bedded inpatient unit whichdelivers treatment for patients with severe anorexia nervosa and related disorders. Referrals are received from across the country and take patients aged 17 and over
The service provides outpatient services for people over 16 in Warwickshire who are suffering from severe eating disorders.
The service also has a specialist clinic for people who have an eating disorder and diabetes, which takes patients from both Coventry and Warwickshire. Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
As a Band 5 Nurse with strong clinical skills, clear decision-making, and good risk assessment skills, you will work within a cohesive team. You must have an empathic approach to enable and promote recovery. The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal communication skills. As a Band 5 Nurse you will find that much of your time is spent in face to face contact with our patients as this job puts patient care central to all that we do. A degree of flexibility in approach is required along with a willingness to learn whilst working in an environment that can at times be challenging.
The Aspen Centre aims to provide care which is modern, patient centred and of the highest possible standard. There is an emphasis on collaboration between the patient and the clinical team and the development of a therapeutic alliance.
You will have the opportunity to receive bespoke training in eating disorders including clinical interventions such as Nasal Gastric (both theory & practical) and provision of Competency Training over two years to become an Eating Disorder Specialist Nurse.
Benefits for working for Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Uniform supplied by the Trust
- Health & Wellbeing days
- Run a successful reward and recognition scheme
- Opportunities to grow your experience and work in a wide range of clinical settings
- Training and support with Revalidation
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements. Trust Values: Compassion in Action
- We listen, are respectful and respond with empathy, humanity and kindness to the emotions and needs of our patients, service users and carers. Respect for Everyone
- We provide person-centred care and treat everyone with dignity and compassion at all times. We will see each person as unique and valuable. We respect the contribution everyone makes. Seeking Excellence
- We work in partnership with patients, service users and carers to agree and achieve the best possible outcomes. Working Together
- We put patients at the centre of everything we do. We communicate with and involve patients, service users, families, carers, and the communities we serve and respond to their feedback.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e. RMN, DipCOT
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Substantial experience in Acute Mental health care setting
- Developed specialist knowledge gained within a similar environment over a considerable period of time
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Proven experience of people management
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.