The NHS Long Term Plan will give patients greater control over the care they receive, with more care and support being offered in or close to people's homes, rather than in hospital. So, this is an exciting time to be part of this team! (NHS England) Are you an Occupational Therapist seeking to develop your clinical skills within a diverse and rewarding community setting? Then we would love to hear from you.
Opportunities for you to develop within different areas of community work including:
- Rapid access from our referral centre
- Bed-based reablement
- Home First and rehabilitation
- Long term condition management
So, there's plenty of scope for your professional and personal development. If you are a dynamic, committed and enthusiastic occupational therapist then we would love to hear from you. Please note, the hours for this vacancy are 37.5 per week (flexible working requests will be considered) For informal enquiries please contact: Zoe Danter, Professional Lead mob: 0799581220 e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Kate Gwilliam Professional Lead mob: 07929366620 email:email@example.com
Main duties of the job We want you if:
- You are a qualified Occupational Therapist
- You have a passion for rehabilitation,
- You have relevant experience and thrive working within multidisciplinary teams, but are also able to work autonomously.
- You have innovative ideas to develop and deliver personalised care plans that support people to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- You are committed to support people to live not just exist and have a commitment to high quality patient care.
- You have excellent communication and IT skills.
- Applicants will have an interest in obtaining a broad experience in the application of OT knowledge & skills within in the community.
- You are highly motivated to contribute to the exciting developments within the OT service.
- You are committed and enthusiastic about your continuing professional development.
- You have good organisational and time management skills.
About us We will offer you:
- A chance to work in a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
- The opportunity to grow and develop your professional and clinical skills in a variety of areas, so that you can achieve competence and specialisms in your particular field of interest.
- The prospect of developing leadership skills to support onward career development.
- A robust supervision structure.
- In house and external training and development opportunities
- On the job support will be offered to support your development within your role.
Job description Job responsibilities What we do:
Gloucestershire Health & Care deliver community health services for adults & older people within multidisciplinary teams closely aligned with Primary Care Networks and the aspirations for place based integrated care.The Integrated Community Team delivers OT, Physiotherapy, Reablement and Community Nursingfor the residents of Gloucester, working in a personalised way within their own homes and a bed based Reablement unit. We work closely with Primary Care, Adult Social care, colleagues across GHC, local communities, and other partners to enable people to live well and as independently as possible, returning to or remaining within their own home. We are a clinically led organisation where individuals are valued for their unique professional contribution to ensuring best patient care. Continuing Professional Development is a key priority and we actively promote and develop the broadening roles that Occupational Therapists and AHPs are able to contribute. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Closing date: 26th June 2022
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trusts view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need; therefore, we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice prior to applying
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a Veteran Aware Trust, evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right-hand side, titled Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered with HCPC
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current Moving & Handling training
NATURE OF EXPERIENCE Essential
- Ability to demonstrate judgement in complex clinical/operational problems, which require investigating, analysing, assessing and resolving.
- Awareness of the application of Models to address Occupational Performance issues
- Ability to monitor and manage own and teams performance.
- Ability to deliver uni/multi-disciplinary training.
- Experience of working as a registered Occupational Therapist
- Staff supervision.
- Specialist training or equivalent competency in environmental adaptations through prior experience.
- Moving and Handling experience.
- Experience or training in a rehabilitation approach utilising patient centre goals to maximise function.
- The ability to utilise a health coaching approach to maximise patient's self-management skills.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.