Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation trust (HPFT) is excited to be recruiting an Occupational Therapy Consultant to join their award winning and AIMS accredited Rehabilitation Services. This is a new role to the trust and will be integral in providing leadership and expertise to inpatient Rehabilitation units and the Community Enhanced Rehabilitation Outreach Service (EROS) as it takes part in an exciting service expansion.
HPFT is a Mental Health and Learning Disability Trust, rated ‘Outstanding’ by CQC. Over the years the quality of our services and the achievements of our staff have been recognised nationally including the ‘Mental Health Trust of the year award 2020’ at the Health Service Journal Awards.
The successful candidate will be a professional and experienced Occupational Therapist who is passionate about empowering people to live independently, engage with their local community, and promotes a positive attitude with every individual using the service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing clinical leadership for the development of Occupational Therapy practice across Rehabilitation services
- Providing clinical expert opinions to Rehabilitation services
- Ensuring that Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment services are well managed and effectively delivered in line with best practice, clinical governance, and professional standards
- To actively participate in research activity and support clinical development in the field of rehabilitation
- To carry a highly complex clinical caseload and provide assessment and treatment in a variety of settings
- To champion, promote and support reablement and recovery principles and practice across the Service, trust and in partnership with organisations and providers
- Lead on service developments and improvements using continuous quality improvement methodology and ensuring co-production
- Provide advice and support training and education in Occupational Therapy practice at a local and national level and across organisational boundaries
The trust is looking to recruit a professional who is interested in becoming a Multi-Professional Accountable Clinician. The Occupational Therapist Consultant post is a developmental post and support with training opportunities, competencies and portfolio development, supervision and mentorship will be provided to postholders who are considering becoming a Multi-professional Accountable Clinician.
HPFTs Rehabilitation services span across Hertfordshire therefore car driving and ability to drive distances across the county is essential unless you have a disability (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) which prevents you from driving.
For further details about the role / informal visits contact:
Clinical Director of Allied Health Therapies
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Sally Judges Job title Clinical Director of Allied Health Therapies Email address firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number 07824 108005
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.