In supporting our ongoing commitment to staff development, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Ward Manager/Senior Nurse for Ward ECW at the Radbourne Unit.
ECW is a 10 bedded mixed adult acute inpatient ward, providing a high standard of patient centred, evidence based care for service users presenting with a variety of mental health illnesses.
ECW provides care for acutely unwell patients with additional complex needs. This Senior Nurse role will include assessing and reviewing patient referrals for ECW.
ECW consists of a Dynamic MDT focusing on patients' needs. This consists of Consultant Psychiatrist, Specialist Medic, Occupational Therapist, Lead and Registered Nurses and Nursing Assistants. Psychology support is also accessible as well as a family therapist to widen the MDT. Enhanced Care Ward may be subject to change in its functionality and development in service provision
The Radbourne Unit consists of 2 male and 2 female acute wards. There is also access to a recreational team and hub service within the unit.
The unit has undergone many change over the last couple of years, seeing the appointment of a Clinical Matron, Clinical Leads and operational support lead to enhance leadership support and developmental opportunities across the service division, as such this is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Main duties of the job
- To provide operational management for a designated ward team.
- Provide strong clinical leadership, ensuring evidence based practice is delivered to improve the quality of and shape cost effective and responsive services.
- Be responsible for monitoring and ensuring maintenance of standards of care that support safe high quality practice throughout the twenty-four hour period.
- Present a professional image that promotes a positive image of the Trust to service users, carers and the community as a whole.
- Provide advice, resources and support to the Multi Disciplinary Team.
- Supervise and promote staff development.
- To have responsibility for aspects of clinical governance within a designated ward or team. To ensure compliance and assurance relating to safe and effective use of all resources and ensuring the safety of staff and patients, utilising the support of the Head of Nursing where necessary.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of making a positive difference in people's lives.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse - RMN
- Post registration qualification
- Willing to undertake degree or higher training
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Evidence of up to date Personal Development
- Degree Level Education
- Leadership qualification
Experience / Skills Essential
- Demonstrate experience in a leadership role i.e. B6
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and awareness of professional accountability and codes of conduct
- Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and lead multi-professional teams
- Demonstrate up to date evidence based knowledge for Clinical Practice generally and the chosen speciality.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the clinical team in a service user/career focused way
- Demonstrate exposure to and a comprehensive knowledge of Clinical Governance in action (audit, research clinical effectiveness etc)
- Demonstrate operational management skills, including change management, project management etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver Clinical and Managerial/ Performance Supervision within an effective model
- Demonstrate experience working within adult acute inpatient mental health
- Knowledge and skills related to individuals with a learning disability & ASD
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.