These roles will be based in Liverpool and Sefton.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding Step Forward Team as a Mental Health Lead working across the local division footprint. The posts will be based on a neighbourhood level, delivering a population based approach to care focusing on prevention and early intervention for mental health.
We are looking to recruit x2 Permanent and x 1 12 months fixed term Band 7 Mental Health Practitioners to join the Step Forward Team and be part of and lead the development of the service. Using senior level leadership and clinical skills you will input to provide seamless, integrated, responsive and holistic care throughout each service users individual journey.
The role will focus on the interface between Primary and Secondary care, adopting a collaborative care model to ensure that we provide access to rapid evidence-based clinical input and specialist clinical support when appropriate.
Main duties of the job
You will be working in primary care settings, Integrated Care Teams and with Community Mental Health Teams /other specialist teams.
We are looking for motivated and experienced clinicians who demonstrate good communication skills. You will need to have a relevant professional qualification and have extensive experience working within the field of mental health. You should have a background of working with a recovery focus and a wellbeing approach that places the patient at the centre of services.
You must be confident working autonomously and as part of a team, resilient and adaptable in your approach and able to offer and receive support from colleagues in your team. You will spend time developing good working relationships with colleagues across Primary Care community and local network to facilitate collaborative integrated working.
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.
Job description Job responsibilities
This will be an evolving role and the responsibilities will adapt to the needs of the local population and the progress of the Community Excellence Programme.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered mental Health Nurse or appropriate professional qualification
- Significant demonstrable post registration experience within mental health services
- Evidence of post registration study / continuing professional development
- Proven experience of leadership and management of clinical care within the community setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the concepts of mentorship, preceptorship and supervision and ability to provide education and supervision to qualified and unqualified staff.
- Knowledge of developments in community care and of health legislation
- Ability to contribute to developing nursing excellence within the community team.
- Evidence of experience working with older people in a variety of health care settings.
- Ability to lead the process of standard setting and audit
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally.
- Possess good listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team ? Professional attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.