The role will include working with the band four discharge co-ordinators, based on the wards and having a clear oversight of all patients across the estate, which includes 54 older adult beds.
As the Discharge Flow Lead, you will work with partner organisations throughout the older adult health and social care system of Derbyshire.
You will be able to support ward staff with assessments to aid discharge including OT and Nursing assessments.
You will also represent the trust at Derbyshire flow meetings to have a wider understanding of the current discharge climate, including the effect of COVID.
Main duties of the job
- There is the expectation that as a Lead Professional, you will be able to make complex decisions and support junior staff in the discharge flow process with the aim of reducing Length of Stay.
- Those new to the role will be supported to assist in developing your experience.
- Experience of working with older adults with a functional, mental health illness is desirable. The successful applicant will work within a supportive leadership team.
- Having the opportunity to work with the Senior Nurse, ASM, Team Derbyshire Leaders, Heads of Nursing and Physical healthcare leads.
- Professional development and further learning is encouraged and you will receive robust clinical and managerial supervision, along with wider support and training in-house within the team.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Access to Vivup
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RN part 3/13/ SW/OT
- Educated to Diploma level or above. (or Equivalent).
- Evidence of Personal Professional Development Plan
- Can Demonstrate *post registration clinical experience of core competencies
- supervision training or willingness to complete.
- Mentorship training or equivalent or willingness to complete.
Experience and Skills Essential
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a multi professional workforce.
- Previous Leadership experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills such as motivation, facilitation, mentorship.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver Clinical and Managerial Supervision within an effective model
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.