We currently have a vacancies for Community Mental Health Practitioners (also known as Care Coordinators) within our CMHTs. The posts are currently predominantly based at Sudden Resource Centre working within the Rochdale East CMHT. However, this may be subject to change dependent on demand in our service. You will need to be a registered and experiencedRMN, Social Worker or OT to apply for this post.Key Responsibilities of the Post:
The Care Coordinator will provide a comprehensive mental health service to adults of working age who experience moderate to severe mental health problems within the community. The practitioner will also:Work collaboratively across a range of disciplines to continuously promote a 'needs based' approach to all service users.Promote an integrated approach to service delivery.Develop clear relapse recognition / prevention plans and share with MDT, service users and carers where appropriateDevelop meaningful engagement with individuals who are often referred to as 'difficult to engage' and their families.
Main duties of the job
Role Summary:The successful applicants will work effectively with adult service users with mental health needs across HMR CMHT, predominantly in the active care coordination function and will manage the care of a defined caseload of patients.The post holders will be highly skilled and competent in conducting comprehensive holistic health and social needs assessments and risk assessments, developing outcome based needs led care plans, facilitating the implementation of the agreed plan of care and evaluating its effectiveness utilising evidence based outcome measures with a focus on recovery and social inclusion.The post holders will be required to provide a range of highly skilled interventions including group work and share those skills with other team members.Service/Ward/Department Summary:
TheCMHT work primarily with working age adults who have a diagnosis of a Serious Mental Illness and / or Complex Mental Health Difficulties. The care pathway includes a holistic assessment of need / risk, formulation and delivery of a care and treatment plan with a focus on recovery and supporting individuals to achieve and maintain their optimal level of functioning
We are an integrated service with Rochdale Borough Council. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to pursue a career within community mental health services. If you demonstrate the trust values, are committed to supporting to achieve the Trust 4 big ambitions and addressing inequalities. we welcome your application.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification. Please ensure your supporting information reflects how you meet the person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RMN/OT/Social Worker
- Evidence of Post registration study
- Short courses and experience to post-graduate diploma level
- Qualification to degree level / equivalent experience.
- Preparation for Mentorship or equivalent
- Psycho-social / CBT qualification / other therapy qualification
- Experience of working within Community Mental Health Setting
- Experience of Supervision
- Experience of working within Community Mental Health Setting as a Care Co-ordinator
- Experience of Safeguarding
- Extensive knowledge of: - ? Mental Health and Social Care
- Care Programme approach
- Mental Health legislation
- Knowledge of severe and enduring mental health problems, including personality disorder
- Psychosocial interventions
- Personality Disorders ? Recovery Model ? Care Act
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to undertake the Care Coordinator role
- Ability to supervise and support Band 5's Community Support Workers in meeting the needs of clients on their caseload
- Ability to provide professional expertise in the care of mental health clients
- Ability to provide appropriate education and training to peers and assistants as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate informally and develop supportive relationships with clients, carers and other professionals
- Ability to prepare, record and complete relevant documents and reports to a professional standard.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi -disciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management disciplined self -organisation
- To implement and utilise the supervision process.
- Ability to value diversity and respond constructively to discriminatory behaviour
- Computer literacy
- Medication management and administration
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to provide duty and Crisis Response skills
- Interest in developing therapeutic group work
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.