Physiotherapy - Community Rehabilitation Service - South Somerset Neighbourhood Please note - this vacancy could be suitable as either permanent, secondment or fixed term.
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional community-based therapy, allowing service users to improve their quality of life and optimise their function? Are you committed to a multi-disciplinary model of care, supporting people to rehabilitate and recover in their own environment and optimising their physical and emotional wellbeing through a preventative and empowering approach?
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen within our Community Rehabilitation Service across South Somerset (Wincanton, Yeovil, South Petherton, Chard and Crewkerne). We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated band 5 and 6 physiotherapists to join our busy and dynamic team on permanent, fixed term and secondment contracts. These exciting vacancies are a result of internal promotions and service development. We are looking for physiotherapists with experience of community working, to promote independence and choice for our service users and their carers.
Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality patient-centred care and specialist rehabilitation to adults referred to the Rehabilitation Service.
- Participate in the development of the Rehabilitation Service in the community and within the Community hospital bedded environments.
- To provide specialist advice regarding the rehabilitation management of patients to families, carers and other members of the MDT.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Band 3's, 4's and 5's within the team as well as students and apprentices.
- Responsibility for an appropriate caseload of patients within both the community and the community hospital bedded environments.
- Act as Clinical Supervisor and undertake Managerial Supervision including Appraisal for Band 5 Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Assistants.
- Act as Team Lead in the Rehabilitation Managers absence, including supporting staff and attending any meetings delegated by the manager.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
This role is based primarily in the community providing goal focused rehabilitation to a variety of individuals of all ages within the South Somerset Neighbourhood.
The responsibilities of this post are within the job description and as stated above. They include completing thorough physical assessments, and formulating patient specific treatment plans and supporting patients through their rehabilitation journeys. This is done as a wider team approach.
Person Specification Application form Essential
- Experience of providing patient centered care
- Registered with the HCPC
- Driving license / access to own vehicle
- Experience working within a community environment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.