Are you looking for an exciting challenge that is hugely rewarding?
Do you want to help shape the future of the Sussex Eating Disorder Service (SEDS)?
We're looking for like-minded people to join us and help provide top quality care to those who need it.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our team due to an exciting programme of expansion!
We are a passionate multidisciplinary team delivering NICE recommended treatments and aiming to provide the best possible care to adults living with eating disorders. We are expanding and changing as a service due to transformation monies so you would be joining us at an exciting period of service development.
We are looking for an empathetic, supportive leader who can be both dynamic and transformational! We want to retain staff and grow our service and we want a team leader who is relatable - a people person, who is self-aware and able to lead by example. We would support you to develop your interest in eating disorders and to grow in a direction that works for you and the service.
This is a chance for you to join an organisation which sets a high priority on the development of services in collaboration with experts through experience and carer's, and to work with dedicated and supportive colleagues!
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Main duties of the job Main responsibilities of the role:
. Overseeing the management of the SEDS staff team including over 20 MDT staff together with sessional GPs - maintaining health roster and overseeing HR related tasks in collaboration with service manager
. The capability to work clinically if required.
. Managing the interface with Trust internal services and teams, plus external agencies including General hospitals, GPs and NHS/private SEDU providers.
. Support the SEDS Leadership team to flexibly manage resources efficiently and effectively.
. Responding to complaints and SI's accordingly
. Leading on delegated tasks as determined by the service manager such as the duty rota and allocations lead
. Managing and contributing to SEDS national and Trust standards, supervising performance targets and frameworks.
. Undertaking managerial/clinical supervision and appraisals.
. Involvement in team training.
. Participation in service development and commissioning if required.
The trust is committed to strong integrated, collaborative leadership between managers and clinicians.
- Access to full psychological support, via our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision with opportunities for training and development
- Access to a host of discount schemes
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
- Excellent NHS Pension
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
About the Trust:
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people, and adults across Sussex. SPFT is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by CQC. In our staff survey:
- 82% agree that care for patients is our top priority
- 70% highlight flexible working opportunities as key to satisfaction at work
- 79% report feeling able to make improvement to improve the work within their team
- 77% identify opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Sussex is easily accessible from London, Gatwick, Surrey, and Hampshire and is a beautiful county with good transport links, vibrant communities and tourist attractions, including the Coast and the South Downs.
Job description Job responsibilities
SEDS (Sussex Eating Disorders Services) cover Sussex that currently has differing commissioning arrangements in West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and East Sussex. This is changing with the aim to provide a consistent service model pan Sussex that will improve patient access. Sussex covers a large rural area (ability to use a car is required) although you would only be expected to visit different patches when absolutely necessary. SEDS main base is in Brighton where team meetings and training are held but the service has largely been operating virtually during the course of the Covid pandemic. Flexible working arrangements are always on the table. The role does not include a clinical caseload but would support clinical practice if relevant for CPD.SPFT are committed to supporting staff well-being, developing new roles in teams, and have a thriving Recovery College. We have close links with the local universities and support the training schemes for clinical psychology, OT and nursing, providing high quality placements.
Successful applications will be required to have:
- A Health or Social Care related professional qualification (such as Social Worker, OT, Psychological Therapist or Nurse)
- Proven experience of working within the field of Mental Health and a genuine interest in working with people with eating disorder presentations
- Computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Worked in other specialities, but are excited by the prospect of transferring their skills to an adult eating disorder service
- Experience of managing teams or have acted up in team leader roles
You may be required to travel between sites for this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Educated to minimum diploma level with a relevant qualification or equivalent experience in a position of management responsibility.
- Evidence of CPD
- Registered Mental Health Qualification (Mental Health Nurse/Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychological Therapist)
- Up to date Registration
- Post Basic Courses / relevant Study Days
- Evidence of CPD
- Significant experience of and demonstrable achievement in clinical practice post qualification
- Experience of working with people with serious mental health problems
- CPA experience
- Experience of providing professional support/supervision and motivation of staff
- Understanding of Health and Social Care Governance
- Knowledge of CQC and fundamental standards
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.