If you are an enthusiastic passionate doctor who is looking for a job with a right balance of challenge and flexibility, look no further. You will be working alongside a group of experienced and highly motivated clinicians who will support you wherever you are in your career journey. We have established processes and a greatly supportive Leadership team enabling you to develop further.
The post attracts a Golden Hello payment of up to £5,000 as well as a Relocation Package of up to £8000. Information on these can be obtained from our Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
Main duties of the job Clinical duties of post holder
- Provide assessment, consultation, management and treatment for children and adolescents with severe and enduring mental health problems, including young people with learning disabilities, and to assist their families and supporting agencies.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to colleagues within the team and to partner agencies as appropriate on other CAMHS matters.
- To ensure that clinical practice reflects quality and effectiveness as determined by evidence based research as far as possible.
- Take responsibility along with other consultant colleagues for aspects of the work of the multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with colleagues across specialisms and to work together with other members of the multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team, services and allied agencies, notably acute services, children's services and education.
- To provide clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties.
- Provide health information to other agencies where appropriate.
- Support their face to face clinical work with high quality recording and communication practices.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the health, social care and education, including undertaking joint assessments and clinics where appropriate.
Our organisation has been applauded for embracing the digital technology in our business continuity plan during the pandemic. We have set up a range of remote working possibilities giving the clinical team utmost flexibility to work safely and effectively during this time. There are plentiful opportunities to enrich and develop your career within the service. The Leadership team is very supportive and encourage all clinicians to have a flexible job plan so that a good work-life balance can be achieved.
Hampshire is a beautiful county with coastal areas and stunning countryside. The lovely Test and Meon Valleys dissect the South Downs that rise from the Cathedral city of Winchester and head eastwards. England's largest intact area of ancient woodland, the New Forest is tucked in the western corner of the county and is a wild and special place. As well as picture book villages, there are some super small towns and the large coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth provide the annual 'Boat Show' and ferry crossings to the continent or nearby Isle of Wight. Education in Hampshire is good with state schools outside the two big coastal cities doing better than the national average and significantly so in the most favoured catchments. There is a range of independent schools from small preps in the forest villages to the historic Winchester College.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to develop a leadership role within the multidisciplinary team which will include:
- Working with colleagues and Team manager to ensure that systems for maintenance of adequate quality standards, including waiting times, are in place.
- Working with colleagues and Team manager to oversee patient pathways including case allocation and day to day standards of care.
Monitoring clinical risks and supporting staff in detecting and managing such risks. Working with, the Team Manager, to ensure that adequate team functioning and communication take place.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
Clinical Skills, Knowledge and Experience Essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.